FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Last year Christmas Day was Sunday, so Monday was effectively an observed holiday for many employees. This year Christmas Day is Monday. I would think fewer people will be off work on the 26th this year, but Discount Tuesday helps. 

It is boxing day and a national holiday here.

Will likely be a big day for the film but I dont know, people will be as drawn as much as SW7 or RO.

IMDb often uses a weighted average in order an attempt to sort out the trolls, so while they're not scores are not some gospel to fall back on, and they don't mean much when it comes to legs, they're not that entirely bad either. 

Also that seems like a fine enough number for Jedi considering it's a school day. Wednesday and Thursday's numbers will be more telling. 

Still MANY people take off all week between Xmas and NY. Trust me I own a business and we do only B2B work, we can’t get anything done this time of year because nobody important is around to make decisions. Even my own sales and marketing head is on vacation all of next week. 

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Why should I be kidding?

Trading here is not allowed on Xmas/Easter day by law to protect workers from being forced to work.

Some small shops are exempt.

because you are at a box office site and I assume that you've been following the box office for a few years and Box Office Mojo will show you that Christmas day is one of the busiest days of the year.

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Last year Christmas Day was Sunday, so Monday was effectively an observed holiday for many employees. This year Christmas Day is Monday. I would think fewer people will be off work on the 26th this year, but Discount Tuesday helps. 

My company is closed on the 26th

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think Monday will be bigger. Christmas Day is national holiday in America and Boxing Day is not. 

Hmm... maybe. But In 2006 where the 26th also fell on a TUE, many movies increased, especially movies that also skew younger and Star Wars has many younger viewers. I think it will increase by a little bit, like 10%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elessar said:

Hmm... maybe. But In 2006 where the 26th also fell on a TUE, many movies increased, especially movies that also skew younger and Star Wars has many younger viewers. I think it will increase by a little bit, like 10%.

Maybe so. Discount Tuesday helps too for anyone that is off both days. Wait until Tuesday if you are able to go that day instead of Monday.

10 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

because you are at a box office site and I assume that you've been following the box office for a few years and Box Office Mojo will show you that Christmas day is one of the busiest days of the year.

I don't pay attention to much of anything at Xmas, its a time for friends and family, which is why trading is banned on that day.