YM!

Wednesday #s: TLJ 16.9M, Jumanji 7.2M, Greatest Snowman 2.45M

12 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Nice. How much do they charge for it these days? I’m in Podunkville, West Texas and 2D RPX is $11.50 matinee vs. $13.50 night show. 

noon 2D is $19.70 for this location in Newport Beach.  the rest of the showings are 3D and cost $23.20.

Irvine Spectrum that Asgard mentions has RPX Dolby Atmos going for $19.70.  interesting how the Newport one from above does not say Dolby Atmos.  I'm sure @Rth Ragnarok knows what's going on with that.  A XD theater about 20 miles inland goes for $9 on the matinee but no one ever goes to it, because the other matinees are like $7 at a quality picture and gets everyone in the surrounding area for the best price

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

noon 2D is $19.70 for this location in Newport Beach.  the rest of the showings are 3D and cost $23.20.

Irvine Spectrum that Asgard mentions has RPX Dolby Atmos going for $19.70.  interesting how the Newport one from above does not say Dolby Atmos.  I'm sure @Rth Ragnarok knows what's going on with that.  A XD theater about 20 miles inland goes for $9 on the matinee but no one ever goes to it, because the other matinees are like $7 at a quality picture and gets everyone in the surrounding area for the best price

Dang, pretty steep prices. I’m willing to spend $20 for 15/70 IMAX, but probably not that price for anything else. 

20 minutes ago, a2knet said:

looks like you started smoking in 2014 ;)

Transformers has a similar story/history.  Transformers 3 and Pirates 4 were $3 7/11 purchases for the garage.  I was never driven to be a big fan of either franchise, but somehow all those movies found their way to me, and it was not by the tv.  I refused to give up on them.

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

DEADLINE updates:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

JUMANJI: $7.1M

TLJ:$17M

GREATEST ''SHOWMAN'' :$2.4M

PS: From deadline:

'' What’s been slowing down numbers this week is that there aren’t as many kids out of school as a year ago, read 17% K-12 were off on Wednesday versus 38% last year. That’s when Universal/Illumination’s Sing opened to $11M on Wednesday, leading to a five-day cume of $55.9M and six-day cume of $75.5M. Christmas Eve on Sunday doesn’t help any of the film’s 3-day figures. Where the studios are going to benefit is in the New Year. On Jan. 2 there will be 69% K-12 out with another 50% on Jan. 3, 40% on Jan. 4 and 40% on Jan. 5. That’s more than double the amount of elementary and high schools out on a daily basis at the beginning of 2017''

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Finnick said:

So 50 should be the target for Jumanji over 6-days, with the 2m in bulk sales added in. Sing did a great 3.58x it's 6-day (75.5) for 270 dom. If Jumanji can do 3.3x the 6-day-minus-2m, it will get to 3.3*48 = 158.4 + 2 = 160+ dom.

edit: also in this holiday config Jumanji could be more backloaded than Sing initially. So could target 55 6-day too. That could take it past 175 and even target 200.

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Reading from that Deadline article, it does seem like this week aint that much of a holiday week. TLJ numbers make a lot of sense in that regard.

It went from 142% of RO From Sunday to 114% by Wednesday.

Imo the law of large numbers is a bigger thing than a few more schools being out of session. 

5 hours ago, Christmas baumer said:

1st viewing of TLJ:  REally disliked it:  5/10

2nd viewing:  Liked it much more:  8/10

3rd viewing:  Didn't hate it as much as the first or like it as much as I wanted to in the second.  Still have problems with pace, flow and writing and some of the character arcs.  6.5 or 7 out of 10

Better see it 2 or 3 more times to see if your rating settles down...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It went from 142% of RO From Sunday to 114% by Wednesday.

Imo the law of large numbers is a bigger thing than a few more schools being out of session. 

Uhh... a few more schools?

The US has about 50 million K-12 Public School students. If 17% were out of school on Wednesday, that means that around 42 million students were still in school.

42 million. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Reading from that Deadline article, it does seem like this week aint that much of a holiday week. TLJ numbers make a lot of sense in that regard.

It's not zero boost though. If it was zero boost, the Monday number would have been closer to a 70% drop instead of 58%. Next week will be when the more interesting results come in and I'm curious to see how it goes.

There will be no excuses next week if it's still grossing around 20% more than Rogue One's dailies. If that continues, it finishes well under $700m total. Needs to average a 29% lead in daily numbers over Rogue One in order to reach $700m. Needs around 42% lead in daily performance compared to Rogue One in order to reach $750m.

1 minute ago, CenterMeOnSam said:

Uhh... a few more schools?

The US has about 50 million K-12 Public School students. If 17% were out of school on Wednesday, that means that around 42 million students were still in school.

42 million. 

I dont think k-12 students are even the main demo for this movie lol 

• Like 1

mentioned this a few days ago as well. Schools here in Canada are in until the 22nd but have the first week of January off. 

In 2015 it was the opposite.

• Like 1