YM!

Wednesday #s: TLJ 16.9M, Jumanji 7.2M, Greatest Snowman 2.45M

I mean some of them brings up some points that I agree with but others completely miss stuff that was clearly in the film and intended to mean something else. It's just strange to see every corner of the internet commenting about this film.

If Disney wanted people to still be talking about this film a week later, they got it. I just find some of the criticism being lobbed at it being pretty common in even some of the most iconic blockbusters ever. It's like people are going harder on this because it's Star Wars. But if you look hard enough you can find these flaws in anything.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Doesn't it still have China? That would be a HUGE market.

Cons:

1) No Donnie Yen or Jiang Wen

Pros:

1)Seems to have a better release date than RO there, competition way less

2) much better chinese title than literally "Hero Thief Number One - Star Wars Outside Story"

I think it will be O/U RO's ~70m USD

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

TLJ is a weird movie man. People like Ben Shapiro are even reviewing it (before you bash him, he didn't hate it). The Youtube skeptic community are all over it doing analysis too. Like these guys usually stay out of film. I saw a video that used footage from a cam that tore it apart.

That explains the score to me, because those guys have a giant audience.

Star Wars is an easy way to get clicks this time of year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

TLJ is a weird movie man. People like Ben Shapiro are even reviewing it (before you bash him, he didn't hate it). The Youtube skeptic community are all over it doing analysis too. Like these guys usually stay out of film. I saw a video that used footage from a cam that tore it apart.

That explains the score to me, because those guys have a giant audience.

The youtubers are reflecting how many moviegoers are feeling about it.  They're not taking the lead or herding, the movie has story and character problems.

600m domestic.  I think it's a JL type situation.

16 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Looking at 2006, the 3-day weekend gross was around 3.5 to 4 times higher than the Wednesday gross for wide theater count holdover movies in release 15 days or less. Pursuit of Happyness appears to be an outlier with a 5.27 multiplier on the weekend compared to Wednesday.

$16.9m Wednesday x 5.27 (Pursuit of Happyness) = $89m

$16.9m Wednesday x 3.99 (Eragon) = $68m

$16.9m Wednesday x 3.87 (The Holiday) = $65.4m

$16.9m Wednesday x 3.76 (Blood Diamond) = $63.5m

$16.9m Wednesday x 3.75 (Charlotte's Web) = $63.4m

$16.9m Wednesday x 3.45 (Apocalypto) = $58m

Honestly I think it would be doing great if it can get over $70m for the weekend.

Yes, this is great work.  Based on this analysis, TLJ would have to defy our best historical examples to land in the 80s.

Although, I do wonder what the school holiday schedules looked like in 2006.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Who?

The Sargon Of Akkad type of crew. I just saw it recommended on another review and I think was trending for a very short period of time.

He alone has 738,000 followers and has been interviewed by Joe Rogan. Whether you like him or not (I find him pretty annoying these days), he has a large fanbase.

I think it's because the film has elements that they consider promote SJW stuff. I dunno. 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, REC said:

The youtubers are reflecting how many moviegoers are feeling about it.  They're not taking the lead or herding, the movie has story and character problems.

Yeah but these people didn't review JL or even Get Out for that matter. Get Out was analyzed really well in one video but it wasn't like this.

And yes there are people who HATE it and are ranting. Not denying that

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Star Wars is an easy way to get clicks this time of year.

Oh I know and it could be that. I just find it strange. I don't remember this type of reaction to TFA.

2 minutes ago, REC said:

Hmm. No. I don't disagree that more of the GA than folks here want to believe have gripes with some of the character motivations and cinematic storytelling. But, it'll do well over $600M DOM. I'd have to say that $650M DOM is the absolute worst case. And, I can't even imagine that either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Who?

Um it is not 2008

I don't think we can dismiss how much influence these YouTubers have especially on Star Wars fanbase.

I am sure Angry Joe gets way more clicks than some random review on a newspaper site.

Like a video that Snoke Is Mace Windu Fan theory has like nearly 7 million views, like come on! 

Edited by Lordmandeep

The Youtube skeptic community (I guess is what they liked to be called) are filled with people who use some avatar and comment on other videos. Like debunking them, etc. They usually show clips of something then stop it to comment on whats wrong/right about it. There's a ton of channels.

I saw this same type of style used with TLJ using cam footage and it was off to me. Like these guys/girls are usually talking about other stuff like real world issues not a movie.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

The Sargon Of Akkad type of crew. I just saw it recommended on another review and I think was trending for a very short period of time.

He alone has 738,000 followers and has been interviewed by Joe Rogan. Whether you like him or not (I find him pretty annoying these days), he has a large fanbase.

I think it's because the film has elements that they consider promote SJW stuff. I dunno. 

The Alt-right YouTube world  is like a pack of wolf, if one major player goes after something, all of the other "skeptics" will be there in a day or two.