grim22

Thursday #s: TLJ 17.8M, Jumanji 7.55M, TGS 2.1M

25 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Empire City / RTH vs. TwoMisfits

Can't imagine how the other posters will decide....

Can I have RTH as a single person, because he actually knows how to behave and isn't insulting people left and right on his way through this place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Empire City / RTH vs. TwoMisfits

Can't imagine how the other posters will decide....

Humble..

Empire you still being stubborn about the online reaction or do you agree it's mixed yet?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

That TLJ number is better than yesterday early report but is it good or still no? :unsure:

It's fine, given the calendar. (I'd reckon this is a harder Christmas calendar given Eve is on the weekend but Day is not)

Just now, Valonqar said:

That TLJ number is better than yesterday early report but is it good or still no? :unsure:

that depends on which side  you believe or to put it another way, if you read it....

geg5R5NTYjcMlKq_SGM1WEop3CwUIiJxvrk0f14q

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, mredman said:

Theater counts does not add up with what gitesh said. Thor is losing 63% aong with many others as well along with JL 59% so what was gitesh babbling about Thor not losing any

> DECLINING
8 4 Coco Buena Vista 2,111 -1,044 -33.1% - - - - 5
9 9 The Star Sony / Columbia 1,106 -830 -42.9% - - - - 6
10 7 Justice League Warner Bros. 1,101 -1,601 -59.3% - - - - 6
11 8 Daddy's Home 2 Paramount 1,073 -1,420 -57.0% - - - - 7
14 11 Thor: Ragnarok Buena Vista 701 -1,194 -63.0% - - - - 8
15 14 The Disaster Artist A24 517 -522 -50.2% - - - - 4
16 10 Murder on the Orient Express (2017) Fox 447 -1,476 -76.8% - - - - 7
17 15 Lady Bird A24 402 -575 -58.9% - - - - 8
18 16 Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Fox Searchlight 307 -637 -67.5% - - - - 7
20 13 A Bad Moms Christmas STX Entertainment 275 -763 -73.5% - - - - 8
21 18 The Man Who Invented Christmas Bleecker Street 146 -173 -54.2% - - - - 5
23 21 Geostorm Warner Bros. 110 -51 -31.7% - - - - 10
24 23 Blade Runner 2049 Warner Bros. 75 -46 -38.0% - - - - 12
25 30 Marshall Open Road Films 58 -13 -18.3% - - - - 11
26 31 The Florida Project A24 43 -23 -34.8% - - - - 12
27 33 Victoria and Abdul Focus Features 24 -32 -57.1% - - - - 14
29 42 The Killing of a Sacred Deer A24 8 -15 -65.2% - - - - 10
30 46 Novitiate Sony Classics 8 -8 -50.0% - - - - 9

Piss poor research. He said this FRI in his post, so he was talking about the weekend. JL’s disappointing box office isn’t enough for some. They have to completely and utterly humiliate it. He should feel pretty stupid about his tweet. JL is at the end of its run. We’ve known from opening weekend what this film was. No need to keep comparing it to Thor. Thor won the battle of CBM Holiday Edition, just like WW won the CBM Summer Edition. Now, I am looking forward to next year. In the meantime, I marvel (no pun intended) at the massive performance of SW. What a juggernaut that franchise is. It is pretty much like printing money. It says something when people can consider 600 million as disappointing. Extraordinary!!! 

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

At this point it's still way too early to say. We will have a much better idea once we get the Monday and Tuesday numbers.

And the Friday increase today. Im extremely excited for that number.

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

At this point it's still way too early to say. We will have a much better idea once we get the Monday and Tuesday numbers.

Yeah, it all really matter how much Friday/Sat can increase, and how much Monday can increase.  Eve will be around a 55%+ drop, however it's very likely most of the weekdays this next week will be over this weeks Friday and Sat (but that also depends on how Discount Tuesday plays in.  We haven't had a big discount tuesday on boxing day before)

Man, I knew Coco was going to lose a lot of screens but I was still hoping it might be able to go over Ferdinand this weekend, especially if Ferdinand got a 50% or more drop from last weekend.

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Humble..

Empire you still being stubborn about the online reaction or do you agree it's mixed yet?

I don't agree that the reaction to the movie is mixed.  I think it is very positive overall with a vocal minority screaming like children. 

Every point of actual data will back this up.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I don't agree that the reaction to the movie is mixed.  I think it is very positive overall with a vocal minority screaming like children. 

Well that's progress so congratulations on that, we now have a vocal minority instead of trolls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I agree and i think its a case where the minority is so loud (on the Internet) that it overshadows the general reception. Its something that happens all the times with videogames actually.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I think that the people who don't like it, REALLY don't like it.  Most people I've talked to in person love it.

6 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

I think that the people who don't like it, REALLY don't like it.  Most people I've talked to in person love it.

I think many people who like it have issues with it and are not really wanting to watch this again. 

Force Awakens and Rogue with Friends... It was good, great, awesome.

My Whatsapp group after TLJ...Western front during 1916. 

This is a fine point you guys need to understand. My friends are casual fans of Star Wars too. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

It's never about the number of people/percentage of group from overall, it's more often than expected, passion determine the outcome, Lucas created 1st SWU without big group of support or faith, Trump's victory was never come by the higher percentage of group, it is the passion.

You don't large number of people to mess the world up, a small group of passionate people will be enough to make a "change'  

• Like 1

well I personally do not agree that it is a vocal minority that has a problem with the Last Jedi. There's definitely a significant number of people who have been put off by the film. You can't ignore certain data and just concentrate on others. I agree that it's not as hated as some people here will make it out to be but it's certainly not loved the way the force awakens was.

• Like 8

I know we like to read star wars anecdotes so here goes.

I was talking to my Dad who barely goes to the cinema or watches the latest films, he somehow ended up on the topic of Star Wars.

"That new star wars movie is having a hard time online, I heard it had the biggest difference between critic and audience score of any movie!" -Dad

"Well I won't be watching it, the last one was bad"-Jimbo

"I think it's funny how the fans are acting like children, it makes me want to go watch it"-Dad

"I thought you hadn't watched The Force Awakens."-Jimbo

silence

Whats surprising to me was that he brought RT up, didn't think he would know about that site.

Edited by IronJimbo