grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

No, I don't mind people discussing TLJ's run, or implications on if WOM is good or not.  It's getting into the plotline and quality debates here.  Like, why do we need to discuss character specifics about TLJ in the weekend thread, when there's the non-spoiler TLJ movie thread, spoiler TLJ movie thread, and the review thread for TLJ.

Gotcha. Yeah, with you there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Right, so I guess shopping and travel really don't beat missing one of your fullest shows for the morning, especially when your late nights suck...

Man, 2 days in a row...I think I should stop now and go on a trip and just watch (see everyone in a few) b/c 3 in a row for called days would be impossible:)...

MT.com really showed the Jumamji strength (and the other holdovers to a lesser extent) and the TLJ "weakness" for jumps...

You've been bang on the last couple of days, great job! My sample of 20 theaters in NY and LA (been tracking since TFA) we're stronger than Saturday's 29m right up until the 10pm showings, just like you were saying with your set of theaters. Everything just dried up at that hour.

$750-800 million?! That article - wow. 

It’ll do well to hit $650 million. 

You can bet rival studios won’t be so afraid to counter-program with their big movies against Episode 9 in two years. 

That’s if Disney haven’t bought every studio in town by then. Lol. 

Just now, The Last Panda said:

I don't know if 300m is on the table, but 250m+ certainly is.

I would say that is based on the next 8 days or so.

If it increases today and barely drops after that and increases on the second weekend.

It could be basically at 200 Mio on New Years Day.

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

You can bet rival studios won’t be so afraid to counter-program with their big movies against Episode 9 in two years. 

I think the biggest thread already moved with Wonder Woman 2 moving to November.

Just now, wildphantom said:

Yeah...gonna go ahead and say they won’t be dumb enough to do that. Episode 8, LITERALLY the worst movie of all time according to the herd on the Internet, pulled in $220 million opening weekend. So unless you’re Sony, be smart and wait. 

The calendar accounts for TLJ missing at most 20m this weekend (and that's reaching; 40% Sat bump and 15% Sunday drop; 90m), which means it would have dropped harder than rogue one even though rogue one had Christmas Eve Saturday. 

54 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

How the fuck could anyone dislike Rose?!

She can take care of herself and what she does in the final act makes nerds on the web mad. Hard to white knight a woman that can take care of herself. See the whining about Rey for the last two years for further evidence of this. Every single supposed problem with her can be lobbed at Luke from the OT trilogy and yet...silence when you bring up his problems. 

That is literally it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Yeah...gonna go ahead and say they won’t be dumb enough to do that. Episode 8, LITERALLY the worst movie of all time according to the herd on the Internet, pulled in $220 million opening weekend. So unless you’re Sony, be smart and wait. 

I meant second weekend. 

Yeah they’d be insane to go first! Lol

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is a great start.

Not really. That’s a $3700 PTA on perhaps the biggest movie going day of the year. Granted, I don’t think the release was widely marketed so the number is decent in that regard. Still, unless WOM is good, rough seas lie ahead for it.

• Like 1