grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Same here about Coco. 2018 should be solid and 2019 could be as big as 2016.

If anything having the Incredibles 2 next year keeps 2018 from being terrible - at least 1 film should be over 300m.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

How the f*ck is someone like that allowed to write articles in Forbes????

He's the hero we need right now because honestly everyone else just writer reassuring fluff pieces, like they're owned by Disney 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-dips-at-christmas-box-office-1070314

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

If anything having the Incredibles 2 next year keeps 2018 from being terrible - at least 1 film should be over 300m.

Grinch and Incredibles should breeze past $400M imo. Ralph 2 and HT3 should be around $150M-$200M. Spiderverse and maybe Peter Rabbit should cross $100M. Smallfoot can do around $70M. Gnomes will do $500M (jk more like $40M)

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I2 surely above 300m I guess (with a realistic shot at 400). The next animation having the best shot is Grinch imo. Things could line up perfectly for it over the holidays.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Nah, it could go under. If you look for a savior, theres ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL, SLENDER MAN and THE MEG.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Forbes ceased to be a useful investment publication years ago and that goes for box office analysis as well.  BOT has some of  the best analysis compared to  click bait crap like this. 

• Like 1

Phantom Thread had a pretty fucking great PTA IMO, especially when factoring in all the screenings that were held a month ago. This is how I can see the week panning out:

95k (-25%)

80k (-16%)

80k (-)

120k (+50%)

155k (+30%)

115k (-26%)

390k Weekend, 97.5k PTA

Y'all are smoking it if you think that's anything less than great :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reyhawk said:

Yeesh, not a great CD # (relatively). TLJ will still be a massive success, but this goes to show how much of an outlier TFA was. Hope people can now recognize how impressive that run truly was.

390M in one week. One week.

40M Monday. Increases the following Wednesday from its Tuesday. Posts a 2nd Saturday thats only 17% under its first. Has a 2nd weekend bigger than Furious 7's OW. Has a 3rd weekend as big as Inside Out's OW.

Demolishes Avatars run after 20 days.

:WHATanabe:

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Phantom Thread had a pretty fucking great PTA IMO, especially when factoring in all the screenings that were held a month ago. This is how I can see the week panning out:

95k (-25%)

80k (-16%)

80k (-)

120k (+50%)

155k (+30%)

115k (-26%)

390k Weekend, 97.5k PTA

Y'all are smoking it if you think that's anything less than great :lol: 

It should at least fare better in expansion than Inherent Vice did.

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well, if Mendelson writes things like "Bright is the worst movie of the year, please don't watch it", then anything is possible.

Mendelson had a hard time on twitter because of that comment about Bright, though.  At least, Rob Cain is trolling but being funny at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Reyhawk said:

Yeesh, not a great CD # (relatively). TLJ will still be a massive success, but this goes to show how much of an outlier TFA was. Hope people can now recognize how impressive that run truly was.

I appreciated it back then, but I really appreciate it now, one of the great box office runs of our lifetime

31 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

While The Last Jedi grosses are lower than expected, one thing is still interesting: January is barren as F*ck. Theres like nothing from now till Maze Runner 3, which is really not a huge event. This could actually help all the December films, Jumani could run wild there and Last Jedis' drops could be a bit softened because there is NOTHING out there. I guess The Cummuter could be a small hit but it looks bad to me (then again so did Jumanji :lol:)

Im rooting for Paddington 2 though.

Insidious Chapter 4

12 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

He's the hero we need right now because honestly everyone else just writer reassuring fluff pieces, like they're owned by Disney 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-dips-at-christmas-box-office-1070314

Its lifetime run is expected to include $750 million to $800 million in North American ticket sales. 

:thinking: 

If Phantom Thread gets nominated for BP (I think it will), all bets are off as to how much it could make. I can't see this being another CMBYN that fades as it expands, and the film is said to be PTA's most accessible movie yet. It'll challenge There Will Be Blood as his highest grossing movie IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reyhawk said:

Was truly rare. Breached 600m on it's 2nd Tuesday. TLJ will cross 420 on 2nd Tuesday and RO crossed 340.

(http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=roguevforce.htm TLJ Sun and Mon are not updated here yet)

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

From what I understand, some/a few of the folks who write online for Forbes are only one step or so above bloggers.  Before the complaints start, being a blogger isn't a bad thing.  Honest!  But just because someone has a platform over at Forbes doesn't necessarily  make them more like a national columnist.

Now, to be fair, there are MANY bloggers who are MASSIVELY better than most national/syndicated columnists out there.  So perhaps the bloggers might be the ones insulted by the comparison rather than the other way around. ;)

Now I have no idea how 'established' Rob Cain really is and whether it would be fair to call him a columnist or a blogger who happens to be using Forbes' platform.

But, well, when one asks 'How the f*ck is someone like that allowed to write articles in Forbes????'... Well, that's pretty much how. Forbes wants clicks from sources they don't have to pay much at all.  And they aren't alone in that way when it comes to the media landscape on the internet.

• Like 2