Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

I mean JL would have performed better, considering WW and SS both had better multipliers.  2.4 for SS, and 4 for WW.  it has an impact but it isn't the be all.

Justice League wasn't a sequel to those films, it was a sequel to BvS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We finally have Jumanji numbers! 10% drop! Crumbing!

Jumanji actuals came in 100k more than estimates. Huge win. It all comes down to whether actuals increase or not from estimates.

Not bad for a movie doomed to flop after the first trailer came out with fans screaming "Not MY Jumanji!"

13 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

I would be willing to concede that I underestimated the importance of the multiplier, you guys defeated my argument. I'm not always right :)

Someone willing to admit that they were wrong. That's a rarity here.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Speaking of discrepancies between critics and audiences, I’m watching Hook right now. Love this movie! Audience score is 76%, critics score is 29%. 

I've watched Bright and I quite liked it.

30% on RT and the audience score is at 89%. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Here's a quote from Sir Ridley that applies very much to the box office: http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-all-the-money-in-the-world-reshoots.html

Also lol'd at this:

He brings up good points in the entire interview. Apparently Fox also tried getting him for Bohemian Rhapsody after Singer got fired :lol: 

This guy has alot of nerve considering his new Alien movies are hot garbage.

• Like 1