Porthos

Tuesday Numbers (Dec 26): TLJ 27.7, Jumanji: 17.1, PP3 7.4, TGS 5.1 (actuals/estimates)

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

1) I'd like to have a better source than an internet commentor

2) If she was talking about Worldwide totals, I could buy that as it implies a total budget of around 400m to 500m.  Which is absolutely on the high side, but it's at least more conceivable than needing to take in  800m after everyone else takes their cut.

3) FTR: Worldwide:     $843,561,767

Will you look at that. It's passed that 800m figure already.  Guess Kathleen Kennedy isn't going to sweat her job after all. :)

It says "$800M plus", and regardless... those costs must have risen somewhat with some of the damage limitation activities which have taken place since then.

Oh and again. If they only get a percentage of the revenues being generated they have a ways to go before they can recoup $800M from this mess.

BTW. Do you work for Disney or something? You seem triggered by this. It's just numbers. Calm down!

30 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

If it's true the production, marketing and distribution costs for this movie were $800M (before any damage limitation strategies were in play), even with today's updated numbers the movie hasn't broken even yet.

11 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

No. I just know how to read.

"Kennedy has said the film needs to make 800million plus to break even"

http://deadline.com/2017/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-tuesday-rakes-in-20-4m-1202230506/

I want to quote these two posts back to back again.

The problem here is, even if KK said "TLJ needs to make 800m to break even" that is not remotely the same as "Disney needs to receive 800m to break even".

You yourself noted how theaters take a piece of the pie.  So to do foreign distributors and what not.  The thing is, KK knows this too.  So she's not going to say, "We had an 800m dollar budget with marketing and everything else so the film needs to earn that to break even".  She instead is going to say in so many words "We had a 375m to 500m budget once all the costs of marketing and everything else was factored in, so we need the film to earn 800m world wide so we break even after everyone else takes their cut".

Which... Well... It has.

So you don't have to worry, the film is going to be in the black. :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I think The Last Jedi is going to hit $22m or $23m today.  

Without going back to the 2006 data on Mojo, that seems like a pretty good hold to me.

I want to see how close The Last Jedi can come to Paramount's entire domestic output in the 2017 calendar year. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

No. I just know how to read.

"Kennedy has said the film needs to make 800million plus to break even"

http://deadline.com/2017/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-tuesday-rakes-in-20-4m-1202230506/

That's an entirely different thing.

If true, I would bet the budget may be around $250m maybe $300m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, that's a strong Wednesday number. Fucks up my forecast by about 10-15M too :lol: 

I’m confused, you thought during a holiday week it would only make $7-10M or something? Or was this some other overall projection you mean?

2 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I’m confused, you thought during a holiday week it would only make $7-10M or something? Or was this some other overall projection you mean?

I'm talking about the projection I made a page or two ago. I was expecting a 30% drop today and staying flat or an increase tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

$21.5 m confirmed.

mzeOX.gif

Okay, I'll admit it.  Even I laughed. :lol:

===

Don't worry, fellow TLJ-stans, we'll always have XMas Eve. RebWGyw.png RebWGyw.pngRebWGyw.png

Spoiler

:kitschjob:

Spoiler

:whosad:

Spoiler

:SADBEN: HERE :sadno:

9 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Without going back to the 2006 data on Mojo, that seems like a pretty good hold to me.

I want to see how close The Last Jedi can come to Paramount's entire domestic output in the 2017 calendar year. 

I don't get it. What is all of this pride in a greedy company's ability to cozen the movie going public into handing them large sums of money?

Box office used to be a reflection of how well movies are received.

Now it's a reflection of how gullible people happen to be. 

I see nothing remarkable or praiseworthy in anything related to The Last Jedi, least of all the money it's making for Disney.

It has broken only one record thus far and that's for the largest intra-weekend drop of all time, and it's going to end with a disappointing total which will barely cover its costs.

Yeah. Sure. You're fans. You like Star Wars or whatever, but come on now. Be reasonable and look at things with opened eyes.

Edited by TheForceuser707