grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Nah...but some of us weren’t going off the deep end projecting based on Pursuit of Happyness. We got laughed out of the building for suggesting it could go under 700 with a TDKR/Ultron kind of drop. 

Ayyy people kept talking about December legs like TFA was a normal thing and not the only 175M+ opening ever outside of May/June. Uncharted waters with these monster Dec openings

• Like 4

Someone brought it up earlier, but if not Americans, worldwide, especially in Asian countries, a lot of people are just not interested.

Maybe they saw TFA, but a lot of "new to Star Wars" folks didn't like it and are not returning this time around.

Can't say I blame them. TFA was overrated and a lousy remake of ANH.

Someone else also posted, I think in the Chinese forum, that SW is just really an American or English-speaking thing. Outside of those countries, it is a harder sell.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Ayyy people kept talking about December legs like TFA was a normal thing and not the only 175M+ opening ever outside of May/June. Uncharted waters with these monster Dec openings

But everyone knows the second SW movie in a trilogy always has the best legs of the three.

Get real, Chewy.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Wait, does someone here seriously think Shape of Water is bestiality?  I really hope they don't enjoy any kind of cross-species romances involving fantasy creatures (like elves or mermaids) or aliens, cuz this is pretty much in that same category.

• Like 1