WrathOfHan

WrathOfHan's Controversial 2018 Box Office Predictions

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

July 20

Alita: Battle Angel: I want.... your eyeman. I want those things you see through.” Alita faced a lot of WTF reactions from the internet with those uncanny valley eyes, but aside from that, there’s a lot to get excited about here. This is the first thing James Cameron is involved in since Avatar 9 years ago, and Robert Rodriguez is bound to provide some unique visuals. The first trailer has 7M views on YouTube after over a month, which is great for an anime/manga property that is not well-known to American audiences. Being attached to many TLJ showings raised awareness, and Fox has over two months between Deadpool and this to create a stellar marketing campaign. While Robert Rodriguez raises some quality concern, I fully expect James Cameron’s intended vision to shine. The range here is big, so I’ll stay somewhat conservative for now. 40/140 (3.5x)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: A sequel nobody asked for! Cher! BOT memes! What more could you want? Here We Go Again is undoubtedly shaping up to be the event of the summer for women, and it isn’t too hard to see why. The first film was a WOM hit both here and overseas, and the trailer is generating lots of buzz online to its target audience. My only concern is legs as this will be facing a fair amount of competition in August, but the first two weekends should go strongly. 35/105 (3x)

MOTHERFUCKER YOU SAID IN FOR MY MAMMA MIA OVER OCEAN'S 8 CLUB

• Astonished 1

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

July 20

Alita: Battle Angel: I want.... your eyeman. I want those things you see through.” Alita faced a lot of WTF reactions from the internet with those uncanny valley eyes, but aside from that, there’s a lot to get excited about here. This is the first thing James Cameron is involved in since Avatar 9 years ago, and Robert Rodriguez is bound to provide some unique visuals. The first trailer has 7M views on YouTube after over a month, which is great for an anime/manga property that is not well-known to American audiences. Being attached to many TLJ showings raised awareness, and Fox has over two months between Deadpool and this to create a stellar marketing campaign. While Robert Rodriguez raises some quality concern, I fully expect James Cameron’s intended vision to shine. The range here is big, so I’ll stay somewhat conservative for now. 40/140 (3.5x)

001.jpg&key=48c297c33f267768da37a3db0d76

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Controversial Predictions Throughout 2018:

February 9:

Peter Rabbit: $30m/$150m (5x)

March 2:

Red Sparrow: $35m/$140m (4x)

March 16:

Love, Simon: $25m/$135m (5.4x)

March 30:

Ready Player One: $75m/$250m (3.33x)

April 6:

A Quiet Place: $20m/$100m (5x)

April 20:

Rampage: $55m/$175m (3.2x)

May 4: 

Avengers: Infinity War: $215m/$570m (2.65x)

June 8:

Ocean's 8: $48m/$165m (3.44x)

June 15:

The Incredible's 2: $150m/$500m (3.33x)

July 13:

The Nun: $50m/$125m (2.5x)

Skyscraper: $42m/$130m (3.1x)

July 27:

Mission: Impossible 6: $65m/$230m (3.54x)

October 5:

Venom: $55m/$150m (2.73x)

October 19:

Halloween: $45m/$120m (2.66x)

November 2:

Mulan: $115m/$350m (3.04x)

November 9:

Dr Seuss' The Grinch: $85m/$425m (5x)

December 21: 

Aquaman: $90m/$310m (3.44x)

December 26:

Mary Poppins Returns:  $50m/$80m (5 Day)/$350m (7x)

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

July 27

Mission: Impossible VI: I love how Paramount bitch-slapped Warner Brothers with Henry Cavill’s mustache :hahaha: After months of hype, we will finally see the stache in action this July, but will audiences show up as well? They should! Rogue Nation did not suffer a big drop from Ghost Protocol, and I expect a similar drop here. The MI franchise is incredibly reliable.  50/175 (3.5x)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: Animated TV to Theater films of this caliber have a fairly poor track record. Recently, My Little Pony opened to 8.9M and finished with 21.9M (only a 2.46x), and The Powerpuff Girls Movie all the way back in 2002 suffered an even worse fate in the summer with a sub-2x from its 5 day. Although this movie has the benefit of being a superhero movie, I am willing to be this does not double MLP’s gross. Christopher Robin is out one week later, and Hotel Transylvania and (probably) Incredibles will still be going strong. 10/27 (2.7x)

51 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

July 27

Mission: Impossible VI: I love how Paramount bitch-slapped Warner Brothers with Henry Cavill’s mustache :hahaha: After months of hype, we will finally see the stache in action this July, but will audiences show up as well? They should! Rogue Nation did not suffer a big drop from Ghost Protocol, and I expect a similar drop here. The MI franchise is incredibly reliable.  50/175 (3.5x)

I hope your prediction comes true. Legs will depend on quality. I hope its good

• Like 1