DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yes, always! :D But seriously, who needs Kaluuya when there's M'Baku? 

The line about him feeding Martin Freeman to his kids and then saying we are vegetarians brought the house down. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Totally. M'Baku mini-MVP. Winston was on Rachael this morning, female audience was eating him up with their eyes.:D

Ok, so Erik dies infused with Black Panther power. is buried in the ocean to be with his ancestors. But he brings his American attitude with him so ancestors kick him back to Earth.  Yes? :D

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Winston Duke really was a gem in this. The vegetarian line, as well as "Are you done yet?" Made my audience howl both times I saw it.

Going today to see it for the 3rd time, by the way. Haven't done that with a Marvel or any superhero movie since CIVIL WAR.

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Winston Duke really was a gem in this. The vegetarian line, as well as "Are you done yet?" Made my audience howl both times I saw it.

Going today to see it for the 3rd time, by the way. Haven't done that with a Marvel or any superhero movie since CIVIL WAR.

And that, plus the "what are thoseee" was really the only time the movie got Marvel humor-y. Ragnarok, IM3, and GOTG2 paused too much just to tell jokes, BP kept it rolling. Made those two lines almost feel out of place.

49 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

My only big pet peeve was not seeing Cap.

He would have helped T'Challa out (due to Bucky) but I understand from a story perspective. 

Fantastic movie.

I think having Bucky as a character would have been a huge distraction on its own, so having the Captain would have been bigger one.

We all want these characters to interact and we shall have that in the IW :)

No way would the movie blow up like this if it had other MCU characters in it. Not only would that piss of a big portion of the audience, but it would be confusing for people who don’t watch the Marvel movies. It was wise to keep Bucky to the end-credits. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

No way would the movie blow up like this if it had other MCU characters in it. Not only would that piss of a big portion of the audience, but it would be confusing for people who don’t watch the Marvel movies. It was wise to keep Bucky to the end-credits. 

I think the MCU fanbase got their fill with the Bucky reveals anyways. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

They weren’t wise enough 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, Deja23 said:

Apparently Martin Freeman has other appearances coming up. Possibly Infinity War, and since he was an Air Force pilot, maybe he’ll show up in Captain Marvel too. 

I don't mind Martin Freeman's acting, but one can't deny some of his... insensitive comments make him not a good choice for this movie. Moreover, having the CIA be the hero in any aspect of a film that plays up the MLK v Malcolm X angle is a HUGE problem. The only part where it doesn't seem tone-deaf is when Freeman comments that he's proud of Kilmonger being one of the intelligent community's own when they're talking about his kill count.

Hawkeye being an independent operator as an Avenger would get rid of these problems and serve "the white guy in Wakanda" much better BUT AGAIN, sacrifices the "standalone" nature of this film, so is it worth it? Hard to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

I don't mind Martin Freeman's acting, but one can't deny some of his... insensitive comments make him not a good choice for this movie. Moreover, having the CIA be the hero in any aspect of a film that plays up the MLK v Malcolm X angle is a HUGE problem. The only part where it doesn't seem tone-deaf is when Freeman comments that he's proud of Kilmonger being one of the intelligent community's own when they're talking about his kill count.

Hawkeye being an independent operator as an Avenger would get rid of these problems and serve "the white guy in Wakanda" much better BUT AGAIN, sacrifices the "standalone" nature of this film, so is it worth it? Hard to say.

Hawkeye has no connection to BP. Everett Ross is a major supporting character to BP in the comics. That's why it's Freeman in the film.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1