DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

Cant wait to see how sharing their tech with the world, and the community outreaches end up effecting the world. Boys and Girls Club probably going out of business now. Imagine Shuri's sneakers being for sale at Foot Locker. But seriously, can't wait to see how that ends up, especially with the rest of Africa.

I doubt it, but hopefully theyll give us an idea in Infinity War. And hopefull it won't turn into a giant MCU plot hole. Gotta keep it consistent. Thanks for your service Tony Stark, but Shuri's got Peter Parker now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Cant wait to see how sharing their tech with the world, and the community outreaches end up effecting the world. Boys and Girls Club probably going out of business now. Imagine Shuri's sneakers being for sale at Foot Locker. But seriously, can't wait to see how that ends up, especially with the rest of Africa.

I doubt it, but hopefully theyll give us an idea in Infinity War. And hopefull it won't turn into a giant MCU plot hole. Gotta keep it consistent. Thanks for your service Tony Stark, but Shuri's got Peter Parker now.

It was such a tease when they cut away after the dude asked what a nation of farmers can do for the rest of the world. I wanted T'Challa's reply dammit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they drop it, everything will be so busy with the rest of the characters.

One of my biggest issues with Spider-Man: Homecoming is how they totally blew over any kind of relationship working on/healing/rebuilding between Tony and Pepper (as premised from CW, and who Tony has become).  Simply becoming a father figure to Peter shouldn't be enough...

And the end of CW is also a problem for me...

But that's MCU for you.  No one cares. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I’m not sure of the timeline but I think Infinity War will take place not long after the events in Black Panther. So there may not be enough time for any of what you said to happen. Sure some of the tech from Wakanda may be adopted by the superheroes and be used against Thanos and his minions but that will be the extent of that. 

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

It was such a tease when they cut away after the dude asked what a nation of farmers can do for the rest of the world. I wanted T'Challa's reply dammit.

"The world saw a nation of farmers because that is what we wanted you to see."

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

I thought it was going to end with him turning on the Black Panther suit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jandrew said:

I need a Stark/Shuri scene.

Stark:My day made this shield out of vibranium

Shuri:That's nice.  We made this ship, these weapons, shielding tech that covers a whole city and maglev trains out of vibranium.  Oh, and these shoes.  I call them sneakers.

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

I always loved the episodes of TV shows where someone discovered the big secret in the show.  Like in Stargate when a character becomes aware of the Stargate.

With the kids at the end on my first watch I thought one of them send "Wakandan spaceship".  He actually says "Chitauri spaceship".  

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

I’m not sure of the timeline but I think Infinity War will take place not long after the events in Black Panther. So there may not be enough time for any of what you said to happen. Sure some of the tech from Wakanda may be adopted by the superheroes and be used against Thanos and his minions but that will be the extent of that. 

BP seems to start and finish within a few weeks of CW

SMH seems to span several months after the events of CW.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

Yeah, lets ignore millions of black people to give the Armond Whites and Uncle Ruckus' all the attention.

He looks at everything in the most negative possible way.

He actually says Killmonger had the right idea because Black Panther's community center takes too long.

Wtf?

I hope he's just trying to make money from right wingers and not in the sunken place.

But I know people with African parents who are 100% pro-Trump.

So this guy could be 100% serious.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Saw it. Enjoyed it. Not only is Black Panther now going to be the face of the MCU going forward, replacing Tony, but now Tony and his tech will look primitive and useless when Wakanka start sharing their tech with the world. So Tony/RDJ just became even more useless in the MCU. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah, lets ignore millions of black people to give the Armond Whites and Uncle Ruckus' all the attention.

He actually says Killmonger had the right idea because Black Panther's community center takes too long.

Wtf?

I hope he's just trying to make money from right wingers and not in the sunken place.

I think the movie presents motivations pretty clearly. If the whole point goes over some people's head, what is the point of arguing with them?

Also, Armond is a professional troll, and it is a shame that national review still gives him a column for the clicks.

The line of the sun shall never sets on the wakandian empire was to show that the villian methods are flawed.

Even though the source of his motivations is truth...what he wants to do to the world is what colonizers and imperialists did  to Africa.

Some will say this revenge but some will say that is become as evil as the ones you hate.

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Wtf?

In the first minute he said not to watch the video if you're easily triggered.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

In the first minute he said not to watch the video if you're easily triggered.

Triggered?

Is that what we call criticizing right wing bullshit now?

It's so funny. When progressives fight back the automatic response is to say we're triggered snowflake cucks. As if fighting back is a weakness.

This 3rd grade reverse psychology never works. But don't let that stop you.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3