That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

YES! YES! Down with #NotMyStarWars! :D

Also, please, please over 232.6M 4 day if it can't be 3 day cause 232.6M is Doctor Strange dom total. I want Doctor Stange beaten to a pulp. OS is also doing a great job! :hi5:

Of course you're down with #NotMyStarWars *eye roll*

Although, Rogue One was pretty darn good and has a beautiful "DIVERSE" cast.

Diversity is the future folks, get on the train.... cause it will leave without ya!!

See the source image

Edited by Chad Stevens

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9/10

2. Captain America: Civil War 8.5/10

3. The Avengers 8/10

4. Iron Man 8/10

5. Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10

6 Thor: Ragnarok 8/10

7. Spider-Man: Homecoming 7.5/10

8. Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 2 7.5/10

9. Ant-Man 7/10

10. Avengers: Age of Ultron 7/10

11. Thor 7/10

12. Iron Man 3 7/10

13. Doctor Strange 7/10

14. Captain America: The First Avenger 6.5/10

15. The Incredible Hulk 6/10

16. Iron Man 2 5.5/10

17. Thor: The Dark World 5/10

Edited by Lordmandeep

19 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

Disney must be crying so hard about all this conversation about BP outgrossing IW or not. I mean they must be super worried to have two +430m DOM Marvel movies this year instead of just one. 

They're definitely thinking about it though considering the cost difference. This is the kind of thing that will influence the future MCU slate

23 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

We'll call that a blessing because those movies would look and feel nothing like they do today. Werent people trying to give Spiderman 8 arms and sex scenes back in the 90s? Yeah can't imagine what a 1999 Iron Man or 2003 Thor would've blessed us with.

Don't tell me Nic Cage as Superman wouldn't have been better than the entire last decade of superhero movies combined. The world just wasn't ready.

So the ranking begins

1)The avengers 9,5

2)Gotg Vol 1 9

2)Iron Man 9

3)Gotg Vol 2 8,5

4)BLack Panther 8,5

5)Winter soldier 8,5

6)SM homecoming 8+

7)Thor Ragnarok 8

8) Civil War 7/8

9) Ds 7,5

10) Ant man 7

11) Ultron 7

12) Thor 6,5

13) IM3: 5/6

14) IM2: 5

15)Thor2: 4,5

16)Hulk 4

17)First avengers 3

Edited by fabiopazzo2

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Really? I mean, I get that it's a sequel, but Wolf Warrior 2 was a sequel as well and it made nearly 870M USD WW with an opening weekend of something over 130M USD. If Monster Hunt 2 has a 96M USD opening day, it's probably gonna crush WW2's OW record and hit, like, a 210M+ USD OW. I guess it could have horrible legs, but still....

Judging by what gets written on the local chinese box office board, the reception to MH2 is pretty average, and sales numbers indicate that Detective Chinatown 2 might overtake it on Sunday (as in: for that day, not for the weekend). Check out the main thread on the chinese box office, there is some further analysis there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

Of course you're down with #NotMyStarWars *eye roll*

Although, Rogue One was pretty darn good and has a beautiful "DIVERSE" cast.

Diversity is the future folks, get on the train.... cause it will leave without ya!!

RO was a total cash grab and diverse cast ended up with the most disposable, unmemorable roles ever. More power to China for rejecting tokenism - they get their Donnie Yen fix in real roles, don't need him as a third banana Shaolin monk stereotype in a Hollywood movie. :D

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Really? I mean, I get that it's a sequel, but Wolf Warrior 2 was a sequel as well and it made nearly 870M USD WW with an opening weekend of something over 130M USD. If Monster Hunt 2 has a 96M USD opening day, it's probably gonna crush WW2's OW record and hit, like, a 210M+ USD OW. I guess it could have horrible legs, but still....

Yeah, I guess the exciting thing about Chinese box office is that films have vastly different trajectory (much more than even domestically) depending on WOM, marketing, and most importantly, mood of the general audiences at the time.

WW2's trajectory was phenomenon, so was Coco's. MH2 will drop off pretty soon it seems. Opening more than $200M is great, but that's not that much more than Fast 8, and that only got $390M. Sure, Chinese NY slot is better than a April release, but ultimately $500M might be the limit, which is still great.

• Like 1