That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

We're witnessing history, yall. This is like witnessing Usain Bolt win his record gold, or Obama win the electorate, or the Cavs finally winning a ship. This board has been up over 6 years, over 2,000 days. This is a weekend for the books right here. Absolutely amazing. Like those 3 things, who knows if we'll see this again.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Holy crap, Sunday's only down 8.9% from Saturday. Absolutely amazing, Friday was 8th biggest OD, Saturday was 4th and now, Sunday potentially the biggest. What an amazing OW!!!!

Based on this trajectory BP will beat the Monday record by 10 m.

50 m tomorrow, confirmed. :bourne:

• Haha 1

“TLJ is doing so poorly because of an unnecessary and divisive push for ‘diversity,’ if only Disney pandered less to SJWs it would have done so much better at the box office.”     

Black Panther in contention to beat TLJ :hahaha:

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

“TLJ is doing so poorly because of an unnecessary and divisive push for ‘diversity,’ if only Disney pandered less to SJWs it would have done so much better at the box office.”     

Black Panther in contention to beat TLJ :hahaha:

can someone explain this logic to me. Sorry I missed this board during tlj's release. Wasn't TFA also very diverse with an amazing multiplier and generally really well liked by general audiences? How is TLJ being "diverse" the reason for it's poor word of mouth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

can someone explain this logic to me. Sorry I missed this board during tlj's release. Wasn't TFA also very diverse with an amazing multiplier and generally really well liked by general audiences? How is TLJ being "diverse" the reason for it's poor word of mouth. 

I’m guessing Rose’s fault?

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

TLJ’s 2.8x multi has to be the absolute floor for BP. That’s $565m.

Can we even compare a December movie's legs to a February movie? December usually gives a movie bigger legs. TLJ would have certainly had worse legs in the summer.

• Like 2

Throwback.

Industry estimates do not believe at this point in time that Black Panther will emulate Civil War‘s opening despite the strong. If that’s the case, Black Panther would not only  become the highest opening of all-time for a February release, besting Fox/Marvel’s R-rated Deadpool ($132.4M), but the best opening before summer. Currently, non-Disney estimates before tracking believe Black Panther will post a $80M-$85M start with a possible shot at $100M-plus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 2