That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

I honestly think Black Panther is going to around 620 million and beat Infinity War. Y'all really thing those 50 year old black folk who saw Black Panther are going to see Infinity War? My mom loved /Black Panther but no way on earth is she going to see Infinity War (she has nothing against marvel or superhero films but she won't understand it)  She's only seen GOTG 1 and Iron Man 1. And maybe Ant Man at my brother's birthday party. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Rain Johnson will likely be responsible for 100s of millions of lost revenue for Disney for star wars unless jj Abrams pleases the star wars fan base in episode 9.

A lot of people are still rather delusional thinking backlash to this film is with MRa or sexist but the backlash is very mainstream and has gotten worse since release.

Blame it on the rain that was falling, falling
Blame it on the stars that shine at night
Whatever you do
Don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain, yeah-yeah
You can blame it on the rain

4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I honestly think Black Panther is going to around 620 million and beat Infinity War. Y'all really thing those 50 year old black folk who saw Black Panther are going to see Infinity War? My mom loved /Black Panther but no way on earth is she going to see Infinity War (she has nothing against marvel or superhero films but she won't understand it)  She's only seen GOTG 1 and Iron Man 1. And maybe Ant Man at my brother's birthday party. 

Age doesn't really matter with these films. My mom is 56 and has seen every Marvel movie and loves them. Love Agents of Shield too. Loves the "hot guys" haha. She is crazy hyped for Infinity War. My grandma loves them too.

Here is her talking with a friend in a post she made about how awesome she thinks BP is.

9XpH3y0.png

• Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:51 PM, Jandrew said:

So with Panther doing $200M, Monster Hunt doing $190M, Detective Chinatown doing $154M, and Monkey King 3 doing $80M, basically the only thing people did this weekend was go to the movies. And I assume a couple people somewhere caught the Olympics.

lol

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ban1o said:

But there might be fans of Marvel that sit out BP because they have no taste, but do show up for IW. That could happen.