WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

23 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

BOM's comps for Game Night:

Game Night's numbers compare well with the $950k brought in by Office Christmas Party as well as outperforming the $600k for Fist Fight.

OCP's FSS was 6.538m (Fri), 6.744m (Sat) & 3.606m (Sun). Weekend came in at 16.89 million. Is this a good comp @WrathOfHan??

Yeah that's a good comp. The Sunday drop will probably be a lot better though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Red Sparrow: 2:14. Attachments unknown (probably Deadpool and one of Searchlight's movies).

MGM isn't uploading Death Wish's info online from the looks of it

Predator could be a possibility.

I am no expert and gauging the box office. I just do an eyeball test based on my AMC app. In the Thursday thread, I said that BP would either go up or stay static. As far as the matinee shows go, it appears to be lagging well behind last week. Now, I am keeping in mind that Deadline said that BP is especially strong at night. And I recognize that AMC is only one chain. I think it can definitely do 100+, but it will need very strong PM showings.

I had to copy and paste my post from the Thursday thread after posting in wrong thread. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

5 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I'm glad for Black Panthers success and all but it kind of sucks to see major movies like that dominating year round. Seems like there is very little breathing room for smaller films.

Since November I have only seen Disney movies in theatres and so has most of the audiences lol.

7 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I'm glad for Black Panthers success and all but it kind of sucks to see major movies like that dominating year round. Seems like there is very little breathing room for smaller films.

Smaller films can succeed, Game Night looks to be a success for a mid budget films, 

New Line Cinema has been strong in the last couple of years, there has been the odd flop but generally they've been pretty successful. Rampage should be a success for them and i imagine Life of the Party and TAG should do okay. Does anyone know if Crazy Rich Asians is New Line or Warner Bros.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is J getting to 400M or it's out of reach now? 

can't see below 405 while 50-50 shot at wondy imo.

387.5 by this weekend (0.5 Thu + 6 FSS;-25%)

3x the FSS more gives 387.5 + 18 = 405.5 dom

To add 3x the 10th weekend is average for Jumanji really. Night at the Museum added 4.24x the 10th weekend.

If J does that then it gets to ~413 dom. 5x more gives 417+ dom.

Edited by a2knet