Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

Assuming a $13m Friday for AWiT:

Boss Baby multi: $42m

BATB multi: $36m (this one's unlikely since BATB opened much higher)

Home multi: $43m

John Carter multi: $40m

So bordering $40m seems probable.

17 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I am very happy for Ava, Oprah, Reese, Chris and the entire cast of WiT, if it pulls off a weekend win. Girl Power!

It won’t be easy though. The Panther lurks not too far behind. I honestly don’t understand Deadline. How do they think it possible for Panther to pull offa 41-42 million weekend from an 8-9.5 million Friday? They should just stop underestimating this movie on Friday’s. Panther will probably go for around 11 million or more today. 

Math is not Deadline's forte 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, commendable said:

God I love weekend threads. Black panther might take another #1 record after biggest monday of all time. Biggest 4th weekend (42m TFA) is in the cards this weekend. Deadline is reporting 41-42 so lets hope for the best

Biggest 4th Weekend record actually belongs to Avatar ($50.3 million), not TFA.

1 minute ago, commendable said:

God I love weekend threads. Black panther might take another #1 record after biggest monday of all time. Biggest 4th weekend (42m TFA) is in the cards this weekend. Deadline is reporting 41-42 so lets hope for the best

Erm, think you're forgetting something...

I'm sure @IronJimbo will be along in a minute to correct you.

• Like 2

That range makes 40m+ highly likely. $14m puts 45 in play, even with 12 should be high 30s. 

Underwhelimg for BP if that holds. Might only do mid 30s even with a massive 100% sat bump. Hopefully that range goes up.

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, commendable said:

Not with a 8-9.5m Friday it won't . Even if it hits 9.5 that would require a 4.42 multi - last w/e was 4.02 which would give it $38.7m. If it makes 8 then it's $32m

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Erm, think you're forgetting something...

I'm sure @IronJimbo will be along in a minute to correct you.

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Biggest 4th Weekend record actually belongs to Avatar ($50.3 million), not TFA.

I've never heard of any movie called avatar.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I don't have any urge to see Wrinkle in Time despite being a fan of the director because I could care less about Disney fairy tale kids movies, but if you believe those audience scores are legitimate reviews from parents taking their kids and not just racist trolls, you're either completely delusional or one of those trolls yourself. Sorry, call it like I see it. 

Trolls are deflating the score, but let's not act like this would be 70%+ if they weren't trolling. The Post, Red Sparrow, Battle of the Sexes, 12 Strong, and even The Last Jedi weren't deflated by trolls to a level THIS low.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trolls are deflating the score, but let's not act like this would be 70%+ if they weren't trolling. The Post, Red Sparrow, Battle of the Sexes, 12 Strong, and even The Last Jedi weren't deflated by trolls to a level THIS low.

The difference between 30% and 70% is huge. 

But if you think family audiences that went to previews last night logged in to RT and Google this morning to give it 1 star than I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is anecdotal and based on my personal twitter feed, etc but I would say the hate for this movie (based on nothing to do with the actual movie) is at levels that scare me.

• Like 2