Finnick

Weekend thread | Deadline Friday Est. (p.11) ~ PR:U 10.1M, BP 4.4M, ICOI 3.7M, TR 2.8M, SG 2.7M, AWIT 2.1M, L,S 2.3M, P,AOC 1.5M, MS 1.45M, GN 1.2M, U 1.3M

7 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Now that the dust has settled, did people genuinely LOVE BP or did they get swept up by the hype and by Marvel's workmanlike efficiency in making and promoting the movie?

You couldn't pay me to see it a second time. 

I saw it twice opening weekend, and two more times after that. Movie holds up. The characters are amazing and complicated. The stunning costume and production design should win an Academy Award. The South Korea sequence is up there with the bridge from TWS or Lagos from CACW. If I had to say anything negative, it would be the CGI on the rhinos could’ve been better.

It is right up there with TWS as the best for me. (TWS will just sentimentally never get replaced as #1. I love Nat/Sam/Steve way too much.)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, narniadis said:

28 must mean a big Saturday?

too bad for Unsane

I bet that PR:U number is overestimated to look less embarrassing for such unreasonably expensive turd. Studio only cares for headlines and actuals never get headlines anyway so who cares if it drops from them. It's a bust. Opened below the first despite inflation, didn't set China on fire either despite being made specially for that market, audience score is rotten, most fans of the first movie hated it and it has zero chance to cross over to GA

7 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Now that the dust has settled, did people genuinely LOVE BP or did they get swept up by the hype and by Marvel's workmanlike efficiency in making and promoting the movie?

You couldn't pay me to see it a second time. 

Everyone I know saw it loved it, but then again I don't know many white people outside of work so maybe they feel differently.

• Like 2

PR:U seems to have found something of an audience on Saturday or else that estimate will suffer a noticeable decrease come Monday afternoon.

That TR drop is better than I expected but it is still not great. It will be losing a lot of screens next week.

GN has become a nice mid-range hit. Going after the adult comedy market with no competition has carried it along nicely.

Edited by LonePirate

It's such a shame that Game Night couldn't make it to a mid 20's OW. If it had done that, it probably would've made 100M DOM.

Uprising managed to come close to 30M (although it could be overestimated), which softens the blow of its overall DOM floppage (even if not by much). Tomb Raider's drop wasn't dirtshit either, so there's that too.

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Game Night fully deserved to open to $17m. 

Film was a let down. 

Huh? Just because you found it disappointing, doesn't mean the film deserved to open with 17m. It's clear based off legs, that people are really enjoying Game Night. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1