Eric Prime

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

How one month looks at the box office really is totally dependant on the movie slate. Last march was insane, this march is horrible. Last April was lackluster and now this years April looks extremely promising with Ready Player One, Rampage, A Quiet Place and that indie movie from Marvel.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

How one month looks at the box office really is totally dependant on the movie slate. Last march was insane, this march is horrible. Last April was lackluster and now this years April looks extremely promising with Ready Player One, Rampage, A Quiet Place and that indie movie from Marvel.

2019's March and April both look super solid, so I guess it evens out.

• Like 1

$13m is a good start, but I am interested to see how frontloaded it is after some of the pre-sale breakdowns. This could do high 30's to low 60's for the 4 day with that number depending on how it plays. $13m would give it a 29% preview share vs G.I. Joe's 21%. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

How precise is that number considering it's early? 

It unfortunately always depends who is calculating and which movies they use as a comparison.

Espacially with a rare constellation like this weekend.

• Like 1

RPO has a 175 prod budget. 2.5x that is 440, something it needs approx to get into respectable territory. Has a great rating in China and a very good release date. Hoping China and Dom combined can bring 225-250.

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I hope those who thought RPO would bomb are eating humble pie. 

I think high 50s/low 60s is looking likely

Its fate is pretty up in the air at this point. It's already acting more frontloaded with previews than G.I. Joe, which had a 4 day multi of 2.39x. Even something like 55-60m for the 4 day would give it $130-145m with G.I. Joe's multi. From that it would need a solid $300m OS to be profitable with that budget. At this point it could still be a bomb, breakeven, or be a big breakout success. Way too soon to tell. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I hope those who thought RPO would bomb are eating humble pie. 

I think high 50s/low 60s is looking likely

Mid 40s 4 day is just as likely if it's actually pacing for a $9.2m Thur (on Good Thur).  

Edit: Nah, looking at it again it should hit at least 50

Edited by TalismanRing

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Its fate is pretty up in the air at this point. It's already acting more frontloaded with previews than G.I. Joe, which had a 4 day multi of 2.39x. Even something like 55-60m for the 4 day would give it $130-145m with G.I. Joe's multi. From that it would need a solid $300m OS to be profitable with that budget. At this point it could still be a bomb, breakeven, or be a big breakout success. Way too soon to tell. 

Yeah, with previews of 3.75 would expect 14-15 Thursday ideally. There has been a late change in date though and Friday is off for many so should manage to grow from Thursday.

Something like 14 (3.75 + 10.25) + 16 (+14%/+56%) + 13.5 (-16%) + 9 (-33%) = 52.5 (38.5 3-day) would be solid I believe.

31 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

All of this true, but we are talking about a comparison from 5 years ago. It’s the only decent one we have, but the market has definitely changed in terms of those early shows 

1 hour ago, baumer said:

@75Live oh my God! Ready Player one was awesome. And that seen that you were telling me about, was pretty much orgasmic for \. That might be my favorite sequence of any movie in The Last 5 Years.

thank goodness you liked it.  even if you didn't, I knew that part would make you freak the bleep out :P

I was in such euphoria that whole scene and was even like "hey character, you're in trouble, don't go in there"  :rofl: 

Edited by 75Live