Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I feel like while Sony was never that bad. Paramount tho, that shit is a zombie walking after years buried in the grave that just found the cure and became human again.

VINTAGE CJOHN

Just to think that a 17M budgeted horror movie is going to outgross the fifth Transformers movie and it will be Paramount's biggest DOM earner since Star Trek Beyond :hahaha:

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I only have Rampage opening at 35M next week. If AQP hits 55-60M, it stands a good shot at repeating.

Borg vs McEnroe is getting a day and date VOD release, so I doubt it's in more than a few hundred theaters.

I'm surprised.  I thought there would be some sort of deal to get it out in screens because it is a Shia Lebouf picture.  Kind of like when Miles Teller opened Bleed for This, Only the Brave, and Thank You For Your Service wide in over 1,000 spots.

6 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

do you know which one MGM is with?  they opened Death Wish like 6 weeks ago.

Annapurna, I think.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

VINTAGE CJOHN

Just to think that a 17M budgeted horror movie is going to outgross the fifth Transformers movie and it will be Paramount's biggest DOM earner since Star Trek Beyond :hahaha:

And Beyond was a bomb itself. It has been like 50 years since the last Paramount hit. I was a kid when it happened. Paramount having a big hit is like a nostalgic event.

• Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Borg vs McEnroe is getting a day and date VOD release, so I doubt it's in more than a few hundred theaters.

It's most likely getting a very limited release and BOM's listing it as wide is a typo. Would make sense since there's been virtually zero marketing for it.

Very happy to see Blockers and especially A Quiet Place doing big business. 

Both great films, both deserve the success. 

Take limited notice of online audience scores for Blockers, it’s being attacked for “pushing a feminist agenda” because it has three girls in it and a female director.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it does about $45M next weekend. Although there's always at least one casualty when the market is booming and it's not impossible this could be the one, especially with A Quiet Place breaking out so much.

Think Truth or Dare will probably be the casualty rather than Rampage

4 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

All that RPO hype and A quiet place will beat its 4 day in 3 days. 

RPO is still doing well, it’s not a flop at all and I imagine that it’s WW total will be a lot more than AQP

Locations for the 4 new films...

3,508 - A Quiet Place

3,379 - Blockers

1,707 - The Miracle Season

1,560 - Chappaquiddick 

(+389) - Isle of Dogs

=10,543 bookings

Guessing what it could look like with the same # (10,543)

4,000 - Rampage

3,243 - Truth or Dare

(+1,500) - Isle of Dogs

= 8,743

+1,200 - Sgt. Stubby

+600 - Borg vs.  McEnroe

= 10,543 bookings. 

Do we really need to attack Ready Player One in order to Hype up how well a quiet place is doing? I mean both films are doing great so I don't see the need downplay one in order to make the other one look better.

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What about rp1, updated final predictions anyone?

I have it passing 107 after Thursday.  

26 weekend #2 + 10 weekdays = 108 - This weekend

15 weekend #3 + 6 weekdays = 139 - Rampage

10 weekend #4 + 4 weekdays = 153 - I Feel Pretty

5 weekend #5 + 2 weekdays = 160

+10% = 176

best case scenario... it could hit 100m after this weekend and double.

Edited by Thematrixfilm