Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Japan and China stopped Jumanji from reaching 1B but it's still a helluva boxoffice, obliterated all MCU released last year and Wonder Woman, for example. 

RPO is doing OS and especially in China what PRU was supposed to do but didn't. 

Yeah, It really is a shame that Jumanji couldn't get the extra 50m needed to hit the mark, but such is the ebb and flow. It made 2x what I thought it would at the highest levels.

12 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Black Panther obliterated Jumanji

I said MCU movies released last year. Jumanji obliterated GOTG, SMH and Thor Ragnarok. No, I had no idea BP obliterated Jumanji. Really? BP is a big hit? :P

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nice Paul number...between ICOI and Paul, it was a good faith-based season both in box office and quality for the genre...

I haven't seen either so i can't comment on the quality of the films apart from things like the RT score and critical reaction. However, Christian films are much like horror films. It doesn't matter what critics think of them. They will perform well or they will flop based almost entirely on how the core audience and fans react. If the crowds are pleased, then the films are deemed successful, especially since most of them are so low budget they can turn a profit if the base fans are pleased.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I Can Only Imagine is having a very impressive run. Tomb Raider could only imagine such good domestic numbers.

Domestic domestic yada yada yada. There is more to the World than America and ICOI will not even get close to what TR is on in WW cume. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, svenson said:

Domestic domestic yada yada yada. There is more to the World than America and ICOI will not even get close to what TR is on in WW cume. 

Did ICOI cost 94 Million?

You do realize that ICOI will make a lot more profit than Tomb Raider?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, svenson said:

And?  So what?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, narniadis said:

:hahaha::ph34r:

So they said about Pacific Rim... sure it had a 2nd one....... and we all know how it turned out. Also the 2nd film is rarely cheaper because of raises for the cast / crew.

More lies. PR was a closed movie it changed cast and director. Also Many sequels are cheaper and gross more too. This one sets one up. People already campaign for another one because Vikander is fantastic as Lara. Find me a movie with 3x its budget that never got a sequel or started a franchise. 

• ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I said MCU movies released last year. Jumanji obliterated GOTG, SMH and Thor Ragnarok. No, I had no idea BP obliterated Jumanji. Really? BP is a big hit? :P

? Lol, hard to use the term obliterated when comparing a movie that made 950MM world wide to 3 movies that made close to 850MM worldwide. 

You could accurately say jumanji obliterated justice league....

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Japan and China stopped Jumanji from reaching 1B but it's still a helluva boxoffice, obliterated all MCU released last year and Wonder Woman, for example. 

RPO is doing OS and especially in China what PRU was supposed to do but didn't. 

If only China & Japan added more to their box office and if DOM was higher than just near $405M.

It’s kinda like ”The Lion King”. A strong mid to near high $900M+ WW-gross ($968M WW), thanks to over $400M DOM & $500M OS ($422M DOM & $546M, specifically)...but sadly couldn’t get to $1B WW.