CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

IW isn't beating any of TFA's modern DOM records. That's always been completely wishful thinking. But that's not anything to be ashamed of either, TFA is the most popular DOM movie of the past 20 years, and the second-most popular DOM movie of the past 35 years. Those types of films aren't released every year.

Fans should be happy that this opening bodes well for IW's chances to be the DOM runner-up of the year, ahead of JW2 but behind BP, though it's going to be close. 

What was the most popular film of the last 35 years?

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What was the most popular film of the last 35 years?

Easily Titanic. Until TFA came kind of close, Titanic was the only film since ET to have the DOM cultural presence and box office of a top-5 all time type movie, the kind of craze that those of us old enough remember characterizing Jaws, Star Wars, and ET

The way the teenage girls just kept coming out to see Leo DiCaprio over and over again, for six solid months between December 97 and around June 98, giving it that incredible repeat business, we just hadn't seen that since the early 80s and only TFA has sort of done it since. 

Edited by SteveJaros

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Tbh, I care more about the worldwide box office than the u.s one, and that’s why I am watching BP battle with TLJ with bated breath...

Same. Here's something interesting that you may or may not already know (you've been away for a while right)

Did you know that TLJ and BP both made under half of Avatar's worldwide gross? You can just call that <0.5A

Just now, oMeriMombatti said:

Offcourse you would ask this question despite knowing the answer:lol:

Hint : The movie is about a sinking ship.

only has 13 posts and knows how I operate, pretty impressive

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

only has 13 posts and knows how I operate, pretty impressive

I have been reading this forum since 2012 when Avengers released. So, I basically know a lot of stuff about posters here. That's why sometime back I knew @mredman had created another alt account when he kept on posting about Tomb Raider.

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

The use of the letter “A” is now banned. 

:wacko:

4 minutes ago, Talkie said:

You're very transparent. And desperate for validation. 

first insecure and now desperate for validation... a lot of 3rd rate physiologists here it seems

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Same. Here's something interesting that you may or may not already know (you've been away for a while right)

Did you know that TLJ and BP both made under half of Avatar's worldwide gross? You can just call that <0.5A

Your schtick is tiring.

• Like 1