CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol the extra 1 million is so that true friday can hit 69 which is kinda of a joke thats been going around the forums for a few months now especially thanks to @aabattery

We’re not really being serious about this

lol with EmpireCitys latest update, looks like it could happen. Just hoping people aren't let down if it doesn't and is only 105.

1 minute ago, bladels said:

BP and IW are giving the finger to people who think MCU peaked with TA

going to need an admission and ticket price check on that one... TA may have been bigger

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pepsa said:

In 2012 3d was a lot more commen, so Avengers will have a lot higher av ticket price then the 2012 ticket average. 

Yes, but it also had far fewer IMAX and other PLF screens.  Avengers opened on 275 IMAX screens (TDKR had about 60 more) . TFA had 391. 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

77 +13%

63 -18%

247m

photo finish coming up?

I could see that happen as even TFA increased from True Friday.

That Friday number is unreal....

So IW most likely will become just the second movie ever to have a 300+M OW 

53M over 4 days would be just 13.25M per day (That average would be basically like B&tB first set of Weekdays and below Avengers)

41 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

What @ZeeSoh said :rofl:

That being said, even 2M can make a big difference, so yeah. Needless to say that with a 68M real Friday in fucking April with a lot of schools still going (3rd biggest true day ever gross behind JW and Avengers' Saturdays; possibly 4th behind also TFA's Sat), 70M+ Saturday is almost a given now.

And those OS numbers are fucking mindblowing. WW OW record is almost a lock at this point, and if China opened too, this shit would've done 750-800M WW OW alone. InGoddamncredible.

Yesterday I could tell this was an event movie because I took the day off to see it again at 11:30AM and there were many adults with their kids in the theater so I'm assuming they let their kids have a "sick day" lol. 

• Like 1