CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Australia thread. Promising for tomorrow domestically

Yeah, I was thinking both Aus/NZ would drop off after the massive OD's but they've only gone from strength to strength. Movies down here usually act pretty similarly to the states so we could be in for some exciting numbers.

• Like 1

Think the film would be in a better position to break the opening weekend record if it hit 110mil Friday. It still wouldn't be a lock of course. Even with 107mil it has a chance. It's already less frontloaded than fanboy crazed Star Wars.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • ...wtf 1

I find it hilarious that some members a few months ago ignored all of the massive social media numbers and were seriously trying to push this idea that no one wants to see this movie, it’s looks horrible, no one cares because Civil War was an Avenger movie did Iron Man 3 numbers, blah blah... 

This movie may not break the OW but it going to get much closer than most thought a year ago. 

• Sad 1

Just now, ProtoMan said:

I find it hilarious that some members a few months ago ignored all of the massive social media numbers and were seriously trying to push this idea that no one wants to see this movie, it’s looks horrible, no one cares because Civil War was an Avenger movie did Iron Man 3 numbers, blah blah... 

This movie may not break the OW but it going to get much closer than most thought a year ago. 

Hey I would love to see this movie open to less than a $100m but you had to expect it to make some dollar.

Who are these people you're talking about, do they exist?

18 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

@EmpireCity said he would leave the site if it goes under 225M :thinking: 

Huh, you seem to be pretty quiet this morning..... Don't feel like talking shit and looking like an idiot today?  

You can sit over at the little kid's table for the rest of the weekend while the adults figure all this stuff out.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 4

2 minutes ago, ProtoMan said:

It is funny.  To dismiss this movie as just being "another Avengers sequel" doesn't understand what it is or how everyone who even casually likes movies is going to see it.  This is going to go well beyond AoU numbers in the end, we're already seeing all the signs that point to that.  The only real question is does it dethrone some previously thought undethronable movies.  Good chance of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ProtoMan said:

My biggest chuckle were the trolls that were trying to put the CGI of Thanos on par with Steppenwolf in Justice League when the IW trailer was first released. It was ridiculous back then and it's even more laughable now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Huh, you seem to be pretty quiet this morning..... Don't feel like talking shit and looking like an idiot today?  

You can sit over at the little kid's table for the rest of the weekend while the adults figure all this stuff out. 

salt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Civil War was not an Avengers movie no matter how much people try to claim that it was. People don't watch Avengers movies to see the heroes battle against each other. It's a sequel to Winter Solider and a Marvel event film but not an Avengers film. If it were it would have been called an Avengers film. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hey I would love to see this movie open to less than a $100m but you had to expect it to make some dollar.

Who are these people you're talking about, do they exist?

I've seen plenty of people on here who think this movie will only get about AoU numbers.  I think that's pure madness.

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I literally just woke up.  But thanks for asking.

Really good number for Infinity War.  Glad to see it go over my expectations since it’s a really good movie.  And hey, at least I was able to call it within $10M.  That’s not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, REC said:

I've seen plenty of people on here who think this movie will only get about AoU numbers.  I think that's pure madness.

Didn't it only open to $190m? I personally haven't seen anyone go that low.