CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

26 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

That's too bad as Logan is a much better film than AIW, quality-wise, that is.

Nah it isn’t. Logan wasn’t even in the top 3 of superhero movies last year. It certainly not as good as the two ones this year. Hell no

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

There many good X men films but it feels like they never really reached their full potential. They could have stolen the MCU’s thunder and down a big epic type superhero film before they did but they were too scared to do so 

I love the more personal nature of the X-Men movies, the internal emotional wreckage, betrayals and struggles, it just feels way more dramatic to me than anything the MCU has put out with the possible exception of Guardians 2.

It's a shame that we'll lose a whole different approach to comic book movies with this stupid deal.

I love MCU's approach as well, it feels incredibly vibrant and fun, but I really wish we could keep the more down-to-earth approach the FOX X-men movies have as well. It will be a sad day when we lose that variety.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

It was good to see you do updates again this weekend, and I'm not saying this to start another fight or insult you, but you haven't been very active with any kind of weekend updates in quite a while.  So thanks for being active this weekend.  

I had to remind you of how very wrong your posts were recently.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eldenfirefly said:

And yet, X men was probably a lot more famous as a property than the Avengers. And yet look at where we are now. Its the avengers Infinity war which is destroying box office records now. :D

Hell X-Men franchise started in 2000 but didn't cross half a billion until DOFP in 2014. 

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

There many good X men films but it feels like they never really reached their full potential. They could have stolen the MCU’s thunder and down a big epic type superhero film before they did but they were too scared to do so 

I've always argued that the first two movies (plus first two Raimi Spidey movies) in retrospect served as the primordial foundation for the MCU formula. 

• Like 1

Holy fucking shit. This is the first Avengers all over again. Weekend estimate was 200M and actuals went to 207M. Estimates here are 250M and they could go up to 260M.

I’ll say this. Infinity War didn’t feel like a repeat of the first Avengers like Ultron did. That’s why this hit the zeitgeist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Nah it isn’t. Logan wasn’t even in the top 3 of superhero movies last year. It certainly not as good as the two ones this year. Hell no

Oh look, you have an opinion and so do I:

Logan was the best superhero movie of last year.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

They didn’t and , for me, the only good X-Men films are x2 and first class. The X-men franchise has huge potential and people will see that when it escapes singer’s and fox’s claws. The X-Men must have a menacing and scary magneto, a great leader similar to captain America in cyclops , a juggernaut causing chaos like hulk e.t.c

Because Singer is actually a superficial shitbag. The X-Men films could long ago have been deep films transcending their genre, but Singer always teased it, and fanboys lapped it up. In reality, he has no idea how to go deeper so what you see is the best you're gonna get. 

Given that Singer is also a paedophile liar, it is no wonder that he was unable to go beyond the surface of interesting and resonant themes. 

Just now, Arlborn said:

Oh look, you have an opinion and so do I:

Logan was the best superhero movie of last year.

Well my opinion it’s a dark somber overrated mess of a movie. But that’s a discussion for another day.

• Like 2

Just for a mathematical way of doing this. Deathly Hallows Part 2 did around 30% more in box office domestic as well as WW than Deathly Hallows Part 1. If Avengers 4 is truly the culmination of this entire 20 movie arc. well... imagine adding on 30% to the current box office that Infinity war is already doing... lol  Its crazy numbers I know. But I am doing this using mathematics. :D

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I love the more personal nature of the X-Men movies, the internal emotional wreckage, betrayals and struggles, it just feels way more dramatic to me than anything the MCU has put out with the possible exception of Guardians 2.

It's a shame that we'll lose a whole different approach to comic book movies with this stupid deal.

I love MCU's approach as well, it feels incredibly vibrant and fun, but I really wish we could keep the more down-to-earth approach the FOX X-men movies have as well. It will be a sad day when we lose that variety.

No offense but we have had 18273728. X-men films based on the same concepts, racism against mutants and wolverine being half naked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good god, this is why X-Men should be kept as far away from the Avengers and co. as possible. The merger hasn’t happened yet and it’s already unbearable. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I had to remind you of how very wrong your posts were recently.  

Never mind, not worth responding too.  It's peaceful around here without trying to argue with you.  I'll keep it at that.

• Like 3