CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

tbh, this sounds like spin, given the way the forums were for the last few weeks.

True, but I only really got on the "record falling" train yesterday, so I guess I've been prepared for the numbers to "only" fall in a range close to the record.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

Holy shit, if this is Iron Jimbo’s reaction we’re doing 600 after all.

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The highest praise I've ever seen. Even Jimbo has positive words to say about it. 760m+ confirmed.

Now, now. I wouldn't go higher than 7/10. It's still mindless fun. I did find a few of tony's quips funny but over half fell flat on their face

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

If anyone is truly disappointed with a 224-235 OW then you have lost all perspective. 

Agreed 100%.  I was joking around in the Deadpool 2 thread, but put simply if ANYONE is even remotely disappointed with a 225m OW then they need a perspective check, and fast.

• Like 2

Holy fuck was Infinity War amazing. Thanos was a fantastic villain, most of the humor was hilarious, and it's rare to see a superhero film get me so emotional and teary-eyed by the end. Still processing it, but I'm pretty sure it'll at least end up in my top five MCU films. 

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Now, now. I wouldn't go higher than 7/10. It's still mindless fun. I did find a few of tony's quips funny but over half fell flat on their face

Who are you and what have you done with the real IronJimbo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

This. In fact, considering the special circumstances surrounding Force Awakens - specifically: grosses from the limited six-film marathon before the previews factored in and its arguable status as the most-hyped film since Phantom Menace - seeing a film potentially come within $10 million of that one's weekend record seems incredible. And it's especially incredible after seeing Age of Ultron and Civil War both fall under $200 million in their respective openings.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but this just sounds like an excuse especially given how the forum was acting. I will be honest I will be disappointed if IW doesn't get the record. Does that make it a failure or a flop? No absolutely not. But considering how the film was hyped up and how a lot of folks were adamant that it would get $250M+....yea I'm gonna be disappointed if it falls short and no I won't come up with excuses for it though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Holy fuck was Infinity War amazing. Thanos was a fantastic villain, most of the humor was hilarious, and it's rare to see a superhero film get me so emotional and teary-eyed by the end. Still processing it, but I'm pretty sure it'll at least end up in my top five MCU films. 

I think the second part has a lot of expectations but I'm confident it'll be just as good if not better than IW.

• Like 1

Why are some people trying to lecture the ones that are disappointed ? Hell, most of the people that are giving these lectures  convey a sense of relief about IW’s ow which won’t surpass their darling so really stop being such hypocrites and giving lessons about “perspective”. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but this just sounds like an excuse especially given how the forum was acting. I will be honest I will be disappointed if IW doesn't get the record. Does that make it a failure or a flop? No absolutely not. But considering how the film was hyped up and how a lot of folks were adamant that it would get $250M+....yea I'm gonna be disappointed if it falls short and no I won't come up with excuses for it though. 

TBF IW has the April record in the bag, so it's not all bad and this is part 1, part 2 could be the one that does it.

9 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

tbh, this sounds like spin, given the way the forums were for the last few weeks.

Truer words haven't been spoken in this 126 pages long thread. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Why are some people trying to lecture the ones that are disappointed ? Hell, most of the people that are giving these lectures  convey a sense of relief about IW’s ow which won’t surpass their darling so really stop being such hypocrites and giving lessons about “perspective”. 

I hope you're not including me in this, as I was one of the louder voices calling for perspective during The Last Jedi's run.

If I can call for perspective during TLJ's run, I kinda think I'm entitled to do the same here. :)

• Like 3