CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Try telling that to someone who bet everything they had on this thing. I LOST MY HOUSE!!! :sarah:

Then you should stop gambling.

• Astonished 1

Just now, JB33 said:

Guys, I don't think I'm being dramatic here but I literally have a stress headache after that. Yowza! 

@baumer your thoughts?

A bit too dangerous to talk about IW here. Move this conversation to the Spoilers thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

If anyone is truly disappointed with a 224-235 OW then you have lost all perspective. 

This. In fact, considering the special circumstances surrounding Force Awakens - specifically: grosses from the limited six-film marathon before the previews factored in and its arguable status as the most-hyped film since Phantom Menace - seeing a film potentially come within $10 million of that one's weekend record seems incredible. And it's especially incredible after seeing Age of Ultron and Civil War both fall under $200 million in their respective openings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Guys, I don't think I'm being dramatic here but I literally have a stress headache after that. Yowza! 

@baumer your thoughts?

I absolutely loved it. 

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

A bit too dangerous to talk about IW here. Move this conversation to the Spoilers thread.

Wasn't going to say anything about the movie itself but I totally understand.

Also: I now feel really glad that I was too busy with grad work AND nursing a hangover from an epic party when the Saturday and weekend estimates came in for Age of Ultron. The meltdowns must have been on another nigh-unfathomable level. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

What a weekend that was.

That was before I started posting but reading through it had me a little ashamed to be an MCU fan. Sure I was slightly disappointed it didn't meet the original but come on it still was a 191M OW. 

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Just got back.

It's better the other two Avengers movies but still through and through a Marvel movie. Thanos was pretty cool.

Holy shit, if this is Iron Jimbo’s reaction we’re doing 600 after all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Just got back.

It's better the other two Avengers movies but still through and through a Marvel movie. Thanos was pretty cool.

The highest praise I've ever seen. Even Jimbo has positive words to say about it. 760m+ confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

This. In fact, considering the special circumstances surrounding Force Awakens - specifically: grosses from the limited six-film marathon before the previews factored in and its arguable status as the most-hyped film since Phantom Menace - seeing a film potentially come within $10 million of that one's weekend record seems incredible. And it's especially incredible after seeing Age of Ultron and Civil War both fall under $200 million in their respective openings.

tbh, this sounds like spin, given the way the forums were for the last few weeks.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Only three people have IW doing under 1.5b worldwide. (I'm one of them, natch.) :lol: 

How is this even possible at this point with the favorable exchange rates and the overperformance all over the world? 

Edited by Poseidon