CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

7 hours ago, Sliver Legion said:

So if I had put down, say, 2353M, would I be able to specify later whether this was a typo of 235M or of 253M  :sparta:

It would be an unlikely typo to attempt 235 and get 2353

The options here would be 253 or 353

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Watch Disney expand Black Panther back into 2000+ theaters to make the road to 700 easier

It could happen considering it has the 3rd best PTA this weekend. Next week is also the last week they have to milk it because the digital release is on the 8th and the Blu on the 15th.

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

If IW opens with $245-$249M, where will its total domestic gross end up?

Worst case scenario is probably Civil War legs (575M). A 2.5x gets it to 625M, and a 2.8x gets it to 700M. Next weekend should help us out; anything less than the expected 58-60% drop would bode very well.

• Thanks 1

So I think the optimistic look is 

Thu: 39m

Fri: 68m

Sat: 75m

Sun: 63m

3-Day: 245m

The more pessimistic look

Thu: 39m

Fri: 66m (assuming real close means not quite)

Sat: 69m

Sun: 55m

OW: 229m

So id say unless Empire is way off and Fri is closer to what rth originally said, a reasonable OW range is 230m - 245m with some potential to go just over or just under that range (meaning OW could still be in play but still a reach)

That’s kind of a narrower range of what I was expecting earlier Friday morning when I was thinking the realistic range was 220m - 250m or so.

12 minutes ago, REC said:

Yes it did.  And yes people on here have said this movie would basically do AoU numbers total (maybe the same, maybe 100m less).  I don't have the posts bookmarked or anything, but in the past months I know I've seen them.

And those people never gave a legitimate reason why the film would open that low. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

77M on Saturday seems very very very big ... 

We always thought there’s a cap on Friday business since all previous OW record breakers hover around 62-63M. But then IW just disputed that by a comfortable amount.

Same with Saturday, everything always come close but never seems to break through 70M. Infinity War only need a 3% bump from true Friday to get over.

I do agree though that 77M seems a bit crazy. I’m thinking more 73-75M

• Like 1