CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Box Office Freak said:

There's going to be more Avengers films tho right? I can't imagine that they would let that franchise go.

Plus it's become a huge part of the marvel formula. You have a few solo movies and then an Avengers movie....a few solo movies and then an Avengers movie.....etc.

What would they did if Avengers 4 really is the last one?

It's definitely not the last one. But it will be the end of Phase one. And I could easily see it doing these same types of numbers if it's as well received.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

It's definitely not the last one. But it will be the end of Phase one. And I could easily see it doing these same types of numbers if it's as well received.

No the end of phase one was the first Avengers movie. Gawd it's like you don't know Marvel anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But yep, the opening record is looking pretty much gone. Now it'll be interesting to see if the movie next year can top it since it'll have a true "end of an era" marketing angle going for it.

It’s actually a matter of what Disney owned property does the trick.  And they have three real threats next year 

Just now, Water Bottle said:

No the end of phase one was the first Avengers movie. Gawd it's like you don't know Marvel anything.

*Certain phase one characters. The end of their journey. I know this was probably a joke but just correcting it.

8 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I wonder how much bigger IW be if they never released that disappointing Age of Ultron.

Why would you say that AoU from 3 years ago would have any discernible impact on what IW does today?

4 minutes ago, Durden said:

MCU is the king of saturday. Always good numbers, except...

retrospectiva-2015-no-boxe-o-ano-da-maio

:P

BKB is having a seizure somewhere at the mere mention of this fucking fight. 

Ugh fuck that guy like UGH. 

7 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

So I think either Taika or Coogler are going to be the new Marvel go to directors after the Russo Brothers leave. What do you guys think? 

Coogler has the most potential, though I'd like to, and could see Taika making another Marvel film. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1