CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Just now, a2knet said:

106 + 80 + 64 (-20%) = 250 gets the ow record

also, 211 added over true OW beating TFA's 191 by 20.

2012 Avengers is about $213m excluding midnight gross in 2018 dollars. Infinity War is basically matching that performance and then beating the TA1 preview gross by a large margin ($39m vs. $21m adjusted). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

80 million for one day is only 13 million less than what a Warner Brothers property made in its opening weekend.

Back in 2004 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban opened to 93 million 

Stop it. Haven’t we hurt @Noctisenough?

28 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I wonder who Marvel would have picked to direct Infinity War had the Russo Brothers declined. 

Zack Snyder.

Or more likely Kevin Feige’s old friend Bryan Singer I would say.

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You're welcome for the early number before any other site or poster, Box Office Theory.  

Pretty good for such a nobody loser that brings no value to the site.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

I wonder how much bigger IW be if they never released that disappointing Age of Ultron.

They needed that to put the pieces in place though. Agreed though, that yeah, it definitely could have been better and it sucks that it wasn't. Civil War could not have happened without AOU.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I wonder how much bigger IW be if they never released that disappointing Age of Ultron.

It's a non-factor IMO. Infinity War is being sold as the culmination of Phase 3 and the entire MCU, not as an AOU sequel.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Ugh

That was one seriously dumb as plot point that should have been left to die in the comics.  So glad the writers have finally let go of it ever being a thing.  The Russos seriously dropped the ball when they didn't do the Steve/Nat relationship but instead gave us this and left the door open for Whedon to inflict Brutasha on us.

Oh my goodness, thank you. The MCU has been great, but Winter Soldier ending things in a way that Ultron couldn’t do the Banner/Widow stuff is one of the best changes you could make. The only woman Steve has had decent chemistry with after 1950 and they botched things up a year later. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

But yep, the opening record is looking pretty much gone. Now it'll be interesting to see if the movie next year can top it since it'll have a true "end of an era" marketing angle going for it.

There's going to be more Avengers films tho right? I can't imagine that they would let that franchise go.

Plus it's become a huge part of the marvel formula. You have a few solo movies and then an Avengers movie....a few solo movies and then an Avengers movie.....etc.

What would they do if Avengers 4 really is the last one?

Edited by Box Office Freak

17 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I've just watched it for the second time myself. It was just as enjoyable. Loved paying attention to the reactions of my friends!

A bit annoying that a girl behind us kept overreacting to everything throughout the movie though. She seriously screamed every time a new superhero appeared. So basically like 30 times.

:apocalypse:

You sat beside an annoying person too? So I'm not alone.

• Like 1