CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Also if either this or Avengers 4 can't beat Avatar at the Box Office, what can?  :kitschjob:

The Lion King probably has a real shot. The original run (without re-release) adjusts to $700 million in 2019.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 1

Just now, Box Office Freak said:

Also if either this or Avengers 4 can't beat Avatar at the Box Office, what can?  :kitschjob:

Please don't mention Avatar;You Know Who will show up.

I am  convinced that the Avatar killer will be a film that no one will give a chance of doing it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You're welcome for the early number before any other site or poster, Box Office Theory.  

Pretty good for such a nobody loser that brings no value to the site.  

Don't worry, bro. Some of us have your back.

We all know what the ingrates look like every major OW on Friday morning.

eBclW3R.jpg

• Haha 5

That fight did not kill Age of Ultron, decent but not really good word of mouth did. If people loved Age of Ultron it would have rebounded opening weekend and would have had slightly longer legs. I wish people would stop ignoring the obvious and using that fight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They aren't the reason it's doing this kind of business. Feige is the one who should be getting the huge rewards from Disney. 

Aw c'mon.

If the movie sucked Saturday would've dropped like a rock.

The opening weekend record has been broken four times in the 2010s. It was broken four times in the 2000s. It was broken twice in the 1990s. Twice in the 1980s. 

How many times in the 70s? We really don’t have enough data to know for sure, do we?

• Like 3

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

They aren't the reason it's doing this kind of business. Feige is the one who should be getting the huge rewards from Disney. 

He is. I am sure he gets a share of the profits.

His current contract is up in a year; you can bet he will get a massive payday for resigning with Dinsey. Other studios will make him offers but Disney will pay whatever it takes to keep him.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

The lions share for the entire MCU goes to Feige but they did their job and then some. 

Marcus & McFeely though are the ones that go really overlooked by fans and the media though I doubt by Feige.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That fight did not kill Age of Ultron, decent but not really good word of mouth did. If people loved Age of Ultron it would have rebounded opening weekend and would have had slightly longer legs. I wish people would stop ignoring the obvious and using that fight.

Oh I agree but I remember all the excuses after it started so high in estimates on Friday night from all the trades and then fell and then failed to rebound that Saturday. Especially from BKB. 

Some were predicting ridiculous Sunday numbers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Please don't mention Avatar;You Know Who will show up.

I am  convinced that the Avatar killer will be a film that no one will give a chance of doing it.

I don't know who you're talking about but I'm beginning to think Avatar will remain number 1 forever and I'm talking WW

• Like 1

Hoping for crazy Sunday hold, big enough to get it over 250M.

Would be incredible to have The Avengers, one that established Marvel’s BO power, the first movie ever to break 200M OW followed by Infinity War, one that marked 10th year anniversary, first movie to break through 250M barrier.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Aw c'mon.

If the movie sucked Saturday would've dropped like a rock.

First of all, Feige is a very involved producer. He has had a massive influence on all of the MCU films including the newest one. Second of all, I can point to a boatload of movies that were terrible and kicked ass on opening weekend. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He is. I am sure he gets a share of the profits.

His current contract is up in a year; you can bet he will get a massive payday for resigning with Dinsey. Other studios will make him offers but Disney will pay whatever it takes to keep him.

He's worth it.

No studio has launched a moderately successful cinematic universe yet.

Marvel is breaking records after 10 years on top.

(don't bring up DC, please)

• Like 1

Just now, somebody85 said:

Oh I agree but I remember all the excuses after it started so high in estimates on Friday night from all the trades and then fell and then failed to rebound that Saturday. Especially from BKB. 

Some were predicting ridiculous Sunday numbers.

I used to lurk at that time and I hated all of the excuses. Sure the film was always going to be frontloaded (just like IW will be) but the word of mouth was noticeably not up to par with Marvel sequels like Winter Solider and GOTG2.