CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, seduh said:

Sorry but this movie is going to drop a lot on it's second weekend. Civil Was have good reviews and fell a lot. It will fall over 55%

Thank You Fortune Teller Irma!

Edited by Fullbuster

3 hours ago, Iron Raf said:

Is there a Monday thread ?? When do we get an idea of today’s numbers ??

Probably at around 11pm EST tonight, if either RTH or Empire decides to give us anything.  If they do not, then we won't know until tomorrow morning at around 1AM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seduh said:

Sorry but this movie is going to drop a lot on it's second weekend. Civil Was have good reviews and fell a lot. It will fall over 55%

55% would be an amazing drop.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seduh said:

Based on its strong internal holds opening weekend, I'm getting the feeling that AIW is in the same "event movie" group as TDK, A1, and the TLW.  I think it drops around 50%.

• Like 2

It is horrendous analysis to just say 800m is impossible because of Avengers 1 multi.

This movie has exceeded all expectations for Sat and Sun and I even think Fri given SW7 had the marathon dollars rolled into it.

To suddenly predict this to fall of a cliff is going against the trend = poor analysis.

To even question sub 600m is ludicrous. Opening 60m higher than BP and make 100m less... Wut?

This has unanimous "You have to see this" wom. 

360m by Friday from then on 120m/360 type of run with potential to do better

720 - 800m

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LinksterAC said:

Based on its strong internal holds opening weekend, I'm getting the feeling that AIW is in the same "event movie" group as TDK, A1, and the TLW.  I think it drops around 50%.

It could pull an Avengers and drop 50%.

3 hours ago, townzy89 said:

It is horrendous analysis to just say 800m is impossible because of Avengers 1 multi.

This movie has exceeded all expectations for Sat and Sun and I even think Fri given SW7 had the marathon dollars rolled into it.

To suddenly predict this to fall of a cliff is going against the trend = poor analysis.

To even question sub 600m is ludicrous. Opening 60m higher than BP and make 100m less... Wut?

This has unanimous "You have to see this" wom. 

360m by Friday from then on 120m/360 type of run with potential to do better

720 - 800m

Is anyone saying it's going to fall off a cliff?  

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have learned my lesson from this weekend and I won't be saying IW can't do X amount of money. 

We should be able to come up with a ceiling, even an absurdly optimistic one I think. 

How many folks think 2.95x to beat Avatar is possible?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a2k said:

We should be able to come up with a ceiling, even an absurdly optimistic one I think. 

How many folks think 2.95x to beat Avatar is possible?

I've been wrong all weekend long so if I answer no to your question, 2.95x is going to happen. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

I think the Dark Knight might be a really good comparison to A:IW.  Some reasons are spoilery, but some are not...like they were both wildly anticipated sequels that delivered way beyond what people expected in quality (ok, at least way more that I expected)...

Now, their release dates and the markets are different, so I'm not gonna run around saying 3.3x is likely...but I said my brain didn't think this could leg out over than the expected legs (which I've seen posted a lot between 2.1x-2.4x), but thinking about this movie for the last day AND not being able to not think about this movie...it reminds me of my reaction to The Dark Knight...and I don't think I'm the only one having it.

This sticks with you and you wanna tell folks to go...and I think that puts real legs in play...even without families...

• Like 1