CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, shuotong said:

11th: 20th place

Lol, chart must not have been updated with actuals when I checked. I’ll fix that.   

Also, 20th place for 12th weekend would be 3.95-4.06 — definitely enough to think about beating Rampage.

15 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

if it follows TA1

monday - 22.8m

tuesday - 21.3m

Wednesday - 16.4m

Thursday - 14.9m

Friday - 35.1m

Saturday - 51.5m

Sunday - 37.8m

124.4m 2nd weekend

Looks pretty reasonable to me. This would be 196.8 after the OW for a 454.5 10-day gross.

Edited by Thanos Legion

15 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Any reason why you're not using Guardians 2?

Not really. Just used the other MCU three-quels and TA2. But yeah GOTG2's 2.66x can be added. Gives 685m. Personally think it won't be achievable as GOTG2's 2.66x was itself a drop from GOTG1's 3.53x but have been wrong on everything AIW so far :lol:

• Haha 1

IW narrowly missed the record for market share on opening weekend. AGE OF ULTRON still holds the record, its $191,271,109 accounting for 84.5% of the market. The $257,698,183 for INFINITY WAR accounted for 84.3% of the market this weekend.

Good holds by A QUIET PLACE, I FEEL PRETTY and of course BLACK PANTHER is what kept it from obtaining more of the market share and getting the record.

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So Infinity War and It have settled that you can open a event movie in any.month on the calender right?

October still at $55M for Gravity

But yes, I think it's quite obvious now that the month of release for a tentpole hasn't really anything to do with the gross for it.

Infinity War would have made a truckload of money even in January or October

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

So Infinity War and It have settled that you can open a event movie in any.month on the calender right?

Probably. The only thing stopping movies from getting big openings in any month is the studios themselves. 

October now sticks out like a sore thumb, its biggest opening weekend still belonging to GRAVITY ($55,785,112). 

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Weren't there already a lot of event movies in April before IW?

Yes. April is the month of Fast & Furious. Before IW, FURIOUS 7 held the April record and 4 of the top 6 April openings belonged to the franchise.

Well, at least TFA held on to one record this weekend. It still has the highest per screen average for a wide release. Yay! Lol

Awseome for IW. If it doesn’t hit 600 it’ll be the first 200+ opener to not do it. I think it gets there. 

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Last weekend of April isn't some OUTRAGEOUS release date here, it is basically the first weekend of May for the most part.

one might even say that they are only one week apart from each other.

• Astonished 1