Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Just now, KeepItU25071906 said:

I just said the truth.

Some Summer Game predictions I have for non-Disney movies:

Deadpool: 330M

Mission Impossible: 200M

Ocean's 8: 145M

Hotel Transylvania: 140M

Skyscraper: 130M

Mamma Mia!: 120M
Action Point: 100M

Tag: 90M

The Equalizer II: 75M

Sicario: 70M

But I underestimate non-Disney movies, so what the fuck do I know?

• Like 1

It seems the trailer might end up getting more than 1 million likes if it keeps going...

I predict this movie performing like Logan or Deadpool. I guess it depends on how much they're spending with it. I think anything between 500-600 million worldwide would be solid for what could be a R rated flick. 

Perhaps this could surprise like Jumanji ( many people expected the movie to flop or underperform ). So, there's that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

After This Means War, he's above nothing.

Lol I forgot he was in that. 

Sony just cant stop fucking up. And I thought they were getting smarter when they gave Spider-man to Marvel. 

Edited by tonytr87

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Sony would be insane to go R for this. That's way too risky, this isn't Deadpool or Logan. 

And what makes it different from Deadpool and Logan? It's one of the most popular comic book characters + Tom Hardy = big hit, Logan was much riskier.

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Unless this film is secretly decent I'm convinced it's going to under perform. Watching a trailer does not equal paying for a movie. Fanboys have huge issues with that fact. Or else Power Rangers and Fantastic Four would have been hits. Almost all of these comic book films get huge trailer views.

Bad comparison, PR & FF did average numbers of views for the genre and didn't have much hype. Venom is exploding much closer to Suicide Squad. If hype is really huge, it'll make great numbers, no matter if it's good or bad.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

The "in association with marvel" has me interested. The movie looks good, and I love how venom looks

It might be new for the Sony movies (I think they only ever gave Marvel a production nod in the openings before) but the Fox movies have all  been "in association with Marvel ________ " as far as I recall.  Pairing it with the logo is the only real new thing here.

Damn Tom Hardy is so not for this character. Not that I know anything about this character tho.

BTW is there anyone else who played two major comics characters within a decade before?

Edited by vc2002