Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

I don't wanna sound like a dick, but did anyone not understand what on earth Venom and Hardy were saying at some parts of the trailer?

Can't listen because I am at work but omg yes please

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I really don't know what to think honestly. I assume the CGI is still a work in progress because I'm not really liking the look right now.

The look is probably the best part. You couldn't make it more comic accurate than this.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Hardy is perfectly capable of enunciating and being comprehensible.  His inarticulate rocks in the throat mumbling is a (tiresome) artistic choice...

To be fair, if there's one movie I would choose to be inarticulate and mumbling, this seems like the one.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Interactions between Venom and Eddie Brock seem fun. Rolled my eyes when I saw the two symbiotes fighting (haven't kept up with which characters are in the film). If the world has enough of superheroes it also has enough films where the villain is a complete mirror of the hero.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

just wondering if there's only room for one or if both tom hardy and the venom suit are gonna get Best Actor noms this year.

More like Razzies.  "WE WILL TAKE ALL OF THEM!" 

But seriously, this looks like a cult-favorite in the making...

Why is he talking like he's got an impairment? Is the main character caused to be handicapped in someway by the black goo?

I have never read the comics around this so have no idea. 

Find the voice startling though, but always happy to see people with disabilities get representation in film. 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

This has box office success written all over it even if this gets awful reviews. $120m OW. $290m dom, $500m OS. I am most sure about that os figure. 

Nah it is the kind of movie that does relatively better domestically. It may not even get a release in China.