ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

If this happens, Eternals will be the last big Marvel based release this year. Spidey:NWH is still deep in post production and will almost certainly be postponed until 2022. Basically, if the strike happens, all post production in Hollywood will stop.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/iatse-amptp-refuse-avoid-strike-1235087696/

Eternals has been locked so it is safe, but the strike, if it happens, will have huge impacts on release dates. There will be domino effect; If Spidey NWH is postponed, then Dr Strange 2 will have to be moved back since it ties in directly with the Spidey movie.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If this happens, Eternals will be the last big Marvel based release this year. Spidey:NWH is still deep in post production and will almost certainly be postponed until 2022. Basically, if the strike happens, all post production in Hollywood will stop.

Eternals has been locked so it is safe, but the strike, if it happens, will have huge impacts on release dates. There will be domino effect; If Spidey NWH is postponed, then Dr Strange 2 will have to be moved back since it ties in directly with the Spidey movie.

I doubt this will happen considering everyone suffer enough with delays, 99% of post productions on pause is unnaceptable.

Everyone involved are probably playing radically to finally agreed on a mild point in the next days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You can already tell from the trailer

11 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You can get that just from the trailer! The tone, the grit, Riddler’s costume design. The test screenings confirmed it’s a 3 hour murder mystery which Reeves set out to do. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Then i ask you, do you see many people mocking James Gunn for saying many times his inspiration? The problem here is not only being a superhero movie, but she's a woman director (and Chinese), it's an easy target to call her a sell out and complain about her references for a movie nobody saw yet.

I disagreed her movies is just Malick copycat, but that's irrelevant, the point is that he likes her, he helped her movie with ideas on post production, she talk about him for years but only now this is a problem. To me it's obvious that some people are fuming not exactly with what she said but because she decided to make a blockbuster and dare to say it's inspired by 2001 and The Godfather, which for film twitter so full of themselves is an absurd thing to say.

And to be honest, i read the leaked main plot for Eternals and if it's true i can see clearly why she named those movies. Probably it won't be visible on the screen (and honestly it shouldn't, you can be inspired by something without trying to recreate parts of it), but thematically there are similarities, how it will be developed and if it will be good is another thing, but the inspiration is there.

To me Joker for example is a bad way of being "clearly influenced by other movies", i liked the movie but it was desperate trying to be Scorsese and i'm sure it would benefit of having more of it's own personality. To me TSS connection with The Dirty Dozen without feel like it is a way better use of inspiration.

Yeah it's selection bias with these people. No one questioned Todd Phillips and WB when they went on for months about how different Joker is from anything in recent years and how movies like these don't get made anymore and we should cherish it. Whereas in reality, You Were Never Really Here(2017) starring Joaquin released just 2 years ago which was a modern take on Taxi Driver without feeling like a Scorsese rip-off. Not to forget Drive(2011).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Yeah it's selection bias with these people. No one questioned Todd Phillips and WB when they went on for months about how different Joker is from anything in recent years and how movies like these don't get made anymore and we should cherish it. Whereas in reality, You Were Never Really Here(2017) starring Joaquin released just 2 years ago which was a modern take on Taxi Driver without feeling like a Scorsese rip-off. Not to forget Drive(2011).

What?? Todd Phillips was mocked all year lol. He and the Joker literally became a meme because of the Scorsese stuff. It's still an on-going joke. Scorsese addressed it during an interview and said he hasn't seen the movie because of it. 

I think Joker is an awful dumb derivative movie, too, FWIW. So no bias here. BUT that said, Joker definitely was what Phillips bragged about--it's literally a modern ripoff of Taxi Driver and a dark, weird thriller that so happens to use Joker. Phillips is a bozo but he and DC really didn't overstep--they were just annoying and missed what was so great about the movies he ripped off

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think you're overestimating how long the strike would be and how far back things would need to be pushed. Less months and more likely weeks.