ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

imdb rating back with 5.9 and 47.3 % rating a perfect 10/10 .

27% also rating a disaster 1/10.

Nearly 75% of the votes is either 10/10 or 1/10. Seems like IMDB will be useless about this movie just like it was for CM.

Anecdotally, in the breakdown Males give it 5.5 (more negative votes coming for older males) and woman give it a 7.2

Actually, i bet online reception overall will be a mess, on twitter is not hard finding people defending hard this movie or people trashing it completely, both without seeing it. Probably will only get worse after release.

Rotten Tomatoes audience score should be a mess too, especially the non-verified part.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lot of the early reactions from non-critics seems to be positive so far. Good sign for WOM.

I used twitter and saw comment from Aus, France, Spain,.... seem quite good. But this movie is so diverse that it can be a disadvantage as some Islam countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia ,.. saw the LGBT scence and were triggered and had bad imagine about the movie already? 

Edited by Danhjpn

7 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Nobody asking for it. Also yes, a needless and random film getting good reviews doesn't make it less random or needless. Actually a truly needless film wouldn't get a good reception so...

Nobody asks for many origin movies. But people like most of them all the same.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

I used twitter and saw comment from Aus, France, Spain,.... seem quite good. 

Yep. Not as much as Shang-Chi though.

IMDb is pretty much worthless these days. Unless you use imdbpro to access BoxOfficeMojo info that they used to give out for fucking free

Edited by SpiderByte

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

27% also rating a disaster 1/10.

Nearly 75% of the votes is either 10/10 or 1/10. Seems like IMDB will be useless about this movie just like it was for CM.

Anecdotally, in the breakdown Males give it 5.5 (more negative votes coming for older males) and woman give it a 7.2

Actually, i bet online reception overall will be a mess, on twitter is not hard finding people defending hard this movie or people trashing it completely, both without seeing it. Probably will only get worse after release.

Rotten Tomatoes audience score should be a mess too, especially the non-verified part.

The IMDb score is clearly review bombed, need to wait a couple weeks for it to normalize. CM eventually did normalize somewhat after starting out artificially low.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yep. Not as much as Shang-Chi though.

IMDb is pretty much worthless these days. Unless you use imdbpro to access BoxOfficeMojo info that they used to give out for fucking free

I wouldn't trust Twitter comments on reception either, that will be dominated by hardcore fans who will probably give a high rating no matter what overall reception is. Need to wait to see what aggregates look like in various countries.

• Like 3

Just now, Menor said:

The IMDb score is clearly review bombed, need to wait a couple weeks for it to normalize. CM eventually did normalize somewhat after starting out artificially low.

On the breakdown, younger males gave it 6.7 and woman gave it 7.2, so kinda similar.

Probably the score would be around that in normal situation, but it's definitely being review bombed. Let's hope it normalize eventually, because for the next days i'm expecting a bloodbath online.

• Like 1

Maybe Eternals would’ve benefited from a Disney Plus tie-in. I know some see that as corporate or fast food, but whatever. 
I guess I’m softer on the too many characters at once thing. When I watch West Side Story, I’m not freaked out that Arab doesn’t get a clear, rich arc. 

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I wouldn't trust Twitter comments on reception either, that will be dominated by hardcore fans who will probably give a high rating no matter what overall reception is. Need to wait to see what aggregates look like in various countries.

where can we check this? 

I just use the international threads here. For now all we can say for sure is SK reception is awful. Though there is some Korea-specific controversy for this film so let's see if that translates.

Not only in korea , audience ratings so far in hk and france are very decent

GoT actors are jinxing every high profile movie they take part in: 

Gods of Egypt - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: 15% on RT
Terminator Genisys - Emilia Clarke: 27% on RT
Seventh Son - Kit Harington: 12% on RT
The New Mutants - Maisie Williams: 35% on RT
X-Men Apocalypse - Sophie Turner: 47% on RT
The Predator (2018) - Alfie Allen: 32% on RT

I think Eternals could've stayed fresh if only one ex-GoT actor was in it, but with two of them? 😦 

Edited by Ohana
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 1

I just use the international threads here. For now all we can say for sure is SK reception is awful. Though there is some Korea-specific controversy for this film so let's see if that translates.

But the problem is not all people in every countries who watched the movie use some specific website and leave the score on that. South Korea is lucky because its website has much people join in and give score. Other countries I don't know. That's why I often use twitter to see the reaction.