ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 hours ago, exomassey said:

I honestly think it’s just that this Zhao and Marvel collaboration didn’t really work. I don’t think anyone is really to blame.

I think Marvel did try to do something different with Zhao and also wanted to make an MCU movie but the finished result did just not work.

You have to wonder if something similiar happened with "The New Gods" at DC, but  DC saw it was not going to work ..that the director, though an excellent director, was just not a good fit for the project....before production began and pulled the plug.

And DC knew Duvay's previous attempt in the sci fi/fantasy world "Wrinkle In Time" had been a failure,and that might have been a factor in pulling the plug .

And Feige will be fine. The people who run Disney are realist, and knew the Marvel Studios streak had to end sometime. With his incredible record, they are not going to fire Feige for a single dissapointing movie. it's like getting rid of Tom Brady because he had a bad game.

Now if Marvel has a steady stream of disspaointments/failures, that is a different story.

Nothing is funnier then the fanboys who fully expect anybody to bat .1000 all the time,Just not going to happen.

And we have yet to see how it will do at the box office.

Edited by dudalb

We should have a dedicated RT thread. We could also remove the tracking thread and replace it with perhaps tracking the individual reviewers. What they are eating for breakfast on the day they view the movie. Some type of analysis for there state of mind. Do a deep dive on there social media and there agendas and "adjust" for biases.

40% +/- 6 depending on there breakfast choices  and +/- 3 (if they get popcorn with extra butter) and where they are situated in the cinema would need an adjustment.

One would think this RT is the only thing that matters from how posting is going on. It should be discussed no doubt but day after day of it. Its in the middle to high 50s and will hang around there. Its not the end of the world. WOM will matter once the GA sees it. If it meets there expectations (Venom 2) it will be fine. If not it will have a poor multiplier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

We should have a dedicated RT thread. We could also remove the tracking thread and replace it with perhaps tracking the individual reviewers. What they are eating for breakfast on the day they view the movie. Some type of analysis for there state of mind. Do a deep dive on there social media and there agendas and "adjust" for biases.

40% +/- 6 depending on there breakfast choices  and +/- 3 (if they get popcorn with extra butter) and where they are situated in the cinema would need an adjustment.

One would think this RT is the only thing that matters from how posting is going on. It should be discussed no doubt but day after day of it. Its in the middle to high 50s and will hang around there. Its not the end of the world. WOM will matter once the GA sees it. If it meets there expectations (Venom 2) it will be fine. If not it will have a poor multiplier.

On reddit box office sub they literally banned the word "Eternals" from the title threads because people keep spamming RT updates every 5 minutes.

It shows how much people were dreaming for the first "rotten" for an MCU, let alone after the initial hype that got them mad in anticipation for months.

1 minute ago, Fox20 said:

On reddit box office sub they literally banned the word "Eternals" from the title threads because people keep spamming RT updates every 5 minutes.

It shows how much people were dreaming for the first "rotten" for an MCU, let alone after the initial hype that got them mad in anticipation for months.

Everyday i saw at least 5 reccomended YouTube videos talking about the rotten tomatoes for this movie.

It really is a big thing. At least next time maybe it won't became a circus.

5 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Just proves we’re living in a Marvel world.

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If NWH or DS2 were to be “rotten”, there would definitely be a circus. 

I kinda doubt that.

Even if they're messy (which i don't doubt because i think both being so huge is unnecessary) and top critics dislike it, overall should be pleased by the easter eggs and give them a pass.

NWH everyone know what to expect, they just need to give people that. And if the rumours for DS2 are true, people will freakout just as much.

I do hope Feige becomes more careful now tho, these gigantic movies really needs to be well crafred or it's gonna be a mess.

Just now, SnokesLegs said:

I see we’ve reached the part of the thread where Marvel is dead and buried because of one middlingly received movie…seriously people, get a grip.

At this point i'm just ignoring.

It's actually becoming funny people coming here with the same stats over and over again that we're seeing for more than a week now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

its shocking that people think for real that critics have that much power whatsoever, the audience will enjoy what they enjoy critics didnt love or like venom movies yet the audiences  does, critic score put antman 2 in the middle -high mcu movies yet to most people the movie is in the low tier(still good though).I really dont see the point of this discussion here , even if its a mess both d2 and nwh as long as they are an entertaining mess that would be enough even if the critics scores are 30%, as for eternals if the reception is just good and makes a decent amount of money that would be enough.As an mcu fan its shocking to me that there have been that many pages about A CRITIC RATING, is the critic reviews dissapointing ? yes , should that really matter ? no.

ps the critics  score are basically  average and yet some of you are acting like it got a 3% rating or something....not that it would have mattered anyways...

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2