ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

As of now the most respected leads in MCU and also big stars. 

1)RDJ

2) Scar Jo

3) Chris Pratt 

4) Chris Hemsworth 

5) Chris Evans 

6) Mark Ruffalo 

7) Jeremy Renner 

😎

😎 Brie Larson 

9) Chadwick Boseman 

10) Lupita Nyongo

What is your methodology for this ranking, cause unless it is based purely off non-Marvel Box Office Numbers there is no effing way Lupita is that low, or that Pratt and Hemsworth are more popular and respected than Evans. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Don't get me wrong but Angelina was a huge star 5-10 years ago. Is she still now? I don't think so. Cumberbatch is the biggest star in MCu in my opinion.

Maleficent was a bonafide hit sold with Jolie's star power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

It is also possible that Jolie, having a gaggle of children, might be interested in something her kids would like.  💁‍♂️ She wouldn't be the first actor cast in a Marvel Studios who used that as an excuse for taking the role.  Celine Dion said she only did Ashes because her son was a big Deadpool fan.

This. So many stars actually admit on taking roles that they wouldn't have otherwise because they want their kids to enjoy/watch their work. I don't know why Angelina would decide to take on this role but if her reasoning is for her kids then she wouldn't be the first nor the last person to do such a thing. Hell maybe she wants that big fat Marvel paycheck. 

If I was an actor/actress in Hollywood, I would 100% be trying to get a role in one of these CBM. That way I can get my finances secured and then be able to do whatever other side projects I wanted. Or film these movies and not have to do any other work :P

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

25. And now that you have the age what's your assesment?🤨

I asked because to me and per discussions... with RL friends... I think she is still one of the top / star actresses Hollywood has.

But I am more than twice your age, and live in a foreign to the US country = it is possible younger US audiece preceive her in another way than myself.

In the past it was more normal for an actor/actress not to be in x movis per year and not loose awareness, maybe the todays time is faster dismissing something,.... again

= another percpective for reasons I guess

8 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Don't get me wrong but Angelina was a huge star 5-10 years ago. Is she still now? I don't think so. Cumberbatch is the biggest star in MCu in my opinion.

Jolie is a bit of a different tier than Cumberbatch, Jolie got into that Depp/Pitt/Smith type of stardom territory, that was her type of awareness metrics by market:

Jolie, Angelina Australia 0.97002997
Jolie, Angelina Brazil 0.989010989
Jolie, Angelina France 0.979062812
Jolie, Angelina Germany 0.967032967
Jolie, Angelina Italy 0.990494297
Jolie, Angelina Japan 0.906577693
Jolie, Angelina Korea  
Jolie, Angelina Mexico 0.979125249
Jolie, Angelina Russia  
Jolie, Angelina Spain 0.975024975
Jolie, Angelina UK 0.978021978
Jolie, Angelina Int'l Average 0.97048677

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Hell maybe she wants that big fat Marvel paycheck. 

If I was an actor/actress in Hollywood, I would 100% be trying to get a role in one of these CBM. That way I can get my finances secured and then be able to do whatever other side projects I wanted

Looking at how much she was making on movies like SALT or The Tourist (look like 40-50m type of payday), I am not sure Marvel paycheck will feel fat.

All we heard from those, these CBM are far from specially well paying studio movie wise. The fact that there an impression it could open the door to do whatever other future projects has a lot of value, one that Marvel can use to reduce their payment they are require to give to find someone willing to take the job.

Edited by Barnack

30 minutes ago, RichWS said:

For a star of her stature, I'm sure she has a nice backend deal in place.

Sure will, but there is not necessarily more money in something like this than her Maleficent deal ( I would imagine less). She was already fully inside the Disney giant family friendly movies (that her kids can watch) machine.

To give an example, I am not sure Jeremy Renner ever did more on a Marvel movie than is supporting role on American Hustle payday.

Edited by Barnack

27 minutes ago, Barnack said:

To give an example, I am not sure Jeremy Renner ever did more on a Marvel movie than is supporting role on American Hustle payday.

Well Renner is not Jolie. If she gets the part, there is no reason for it to be cheap just because Marvel previously hired lower-profile actors. There is also no reason for Jolie to seek this kind of role beyond a huge paycheck.

Anyway, let's see if it does actually happen. I'd rather have Salt 2 but it would be nice to see Jolie back in action mode.

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well Renner is not Jolie. If she gets the part, there is no reason for it to be cheap just because Marvel previously hired lower-profile actors. There is also no reason for Jolie to seek this kind of role beyond a huge paycheck.

Yes and he is not Jolie when he is playing on those non Marvel movie also, I compared him to himself, not to her.

It cannot be cheap, but is there any reason for it to be particularly if any bigger than what she used to make or a Maleficent 2 deal ? Easy to imagine it being actually much lower than a Mal 2.

Has for no reason, maybe, but if after a pause you lost the ability to even get traction on getting a long passion giant project made like Cleopatra and want to regain that type of power, Disney machine isn't a bad way for a comeback.

16 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I asked because to me and per discussions... with RL friends... I think she is still one of the top / star actresses Hollywood has.

But I am more than twice your age, and live in a foreign to the US country = it is possible younger US audiece preceive her in another way than myself.

In the past it was more normal for an actor/actress not to be in x movis per year and not loose awareness, maybe the todays time is faster dismissing something,.... again

= another percpective for reasons I guess

I am not from the US either. 

No matter who you are if you are not on screen for a long period of time you lose some stardom power.

18 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Maleficent was a bonafide hit sold with Jolie's star power.

THIS.

Yes, Maleficent was based on a huge Disney property that was a household brand, but Angelina and Mal were the perfect amalgam of actor and role, and there is no question that the film's success had as much to do with its star as with the brand. 

It's like many other stars nowadays: they may not sell every single film they star in, but get them in a role that fits them like a glove, and watch the box office grow.

4 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

No matter who you are if you are not on screen for a long period of time you lose some stardom power.

Some... yes. But not like you worded it

As I see it, she is still a huge star, not 'only' a star

Me personally love Cumberbatch in DS, think he has a broad fandom based on varing materials (Sherlock, Oscar movies, MCU,....) but am not sure if I would call him a huge star. A star, definitively. Maybe in the between status even

Movies are not the only way to stay in the awareness of the GA, personal life can add t that too, after having reached a certain level of awareness.

Angelina Jolie is in the press still a lot, with a mix of work and private life, something that seems to be a good hook for certain parts of the GA.

Btw, I am not a fan of her, nor against her. Most of her movies do not interest me, per split I'd say I am more interested into movies Cumberbatch is casted in, than the other way aroud.

But for me its always about certain details of the story, not whic actor lays what.

we don't know if her role is lead or supporting, big or small.

also rober was like 42 when he was casted as iron man, +paul rudd 45, Mark ruffalo 44.

Cate blacnchett 47, Chadwick Boseman 40, Benedict Cumberbatch 39.

Age is not problem.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2019 at 2:08 AM, captainwondyful said:

It is also possible that Jolie, having a gaggle of children, might be interested in something her kids would like.  💁‍♂️ She wouldn't be the first actor cast in a Marvel Studios who used that as an excuse for taking the role.  Celine Dion said she only did Ashes because her son was a big Deadpool fan.

Have you heard about college education in the US ?

Look for it.

• Knock It Off 1