DeeCee

***SPOILER***SPOILER***DEADPOOL 2*** SPOILER***SPOILER

just got home from watching it.  I still like the first one better but this was still a fun movie as it should be and just a hair behind.  As with the original, way too many inside jokes to even get into but they were great.

Not sure they should do another movie, but if they do, of course, I am there. :)  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

When he kills himself reading the Green Lantern script, I think I grew two more abs from laughing so hard.

and to quote deadpool in that scene "you're welcome, Canada" :P 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Exactly, it's fair game really once the studio who made the film take the piss out of it. 

As much as I like superheroes, you can't take it too seriously and you'd have to have no sense of humour to not laugh at the absurdity of the characters when they parodied in things like Robot Chicken. 

And although I have not seen it, DP2 apparently skewers just about every major comic book meme around, including "Comic Book Deaths".

Which is why the person bitching that the X men in one scene have the wrong uniforms on can't see the forest for the trees.

• Like 1

Film is better than any Deadpool film has any right to be, INCLUDED DP1, which to me already was better than Logan or any of the X-Men films that Fox has made so far.

I gave DP1 a 4.5/5 rating, and I'm giving this a 4.5/5 rating as well, but I can't stress enough how much better than the first film this film is. 

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Domino is a walking Final Destination movie 

Ha I thought that too!

Pros: Ryan, the basic instinct moment, XForce being wiped out on impact, Domino’s powers, Brolin, Passion of the Christ box office reference, Ryan Ryan Ryan, Brown Panther, Deadpools injuries, soundtrack. 

Cons: the kid reminded me of an even more annoying Rebel Wilson and I couldn’t wait for him to die, why is the girlfriend now God lol, everything about Juggernaut :rolleyes:, the DREADFUL cgi the whole time domino was in her parachute (😂) 

Overall 4/5, entertained me way more than Infinity War, easily. 

• Like 1

I laughed a good amount overall (X-Force deaths had me in stitches) but the end credits scene that everyone hyped up SO MUCH is the same joke these movies and Reynolds keep making over and over :kitschjob:

• Like 5

Saw it yesterday and will definitely see it again this weekend.  Too much stuff that I missed and need to view again.  Very good sequel and I may have liked it more than the original.  

This movie was great and easily much better than the first. Without the origins plot, they could focus on several things.

Anyway, I didn't know Matt Damon was in the movie. I was surprised to read he was. I missed him completely.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Astonished 1

Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to see this a second time to remember more of the jokes.

The stingers were fantastic. My audience erupted at the Green Lantern one. I also really, really, really hope that I wasn't the only one here who sat through the remainder of the credits just to get the blue MPAA rating tag at the very end.

11 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Anyway, I didn't know Matt Damon was in the movie. I was surprised to read he was. I missed him completely.

Didn't realize this one until just now! Per IMDB, he was credited as Dickie Greenleaf. I see what you did there, filmmakers.

I laughed when I saw Brad Pitt credited as Vanisher in the credits. It was a given that it had to be someone ridiculously famous, but it was still fun to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ha I thought that too!

Pros: Ryan, the basic instinct moment, XForce being wiped out on impact, Domino’s powers, Brolin, Passion of the Christ box office reference, Ryan Ryan Ryan, Brown Panther, Deadpools injuries, soundtrack. 

Cons: the kid reminded me of an even more annoying Rebel Wilson and I couldn’t wait for him to die, why is the girlfriend now God lol, everything about Juggernaut :rolleyes:, the DREADFUL cgi the whole time domino was in her parachute (😂) 

Overall 4/5, entertained me way more than Infinity War, easily. 

agree with all of that

The final scenes at that school were pretty lame, not grand enough and lacked a real punch. Juggernaut was lame

They sure gussied up Negasonic; longer more stylish hair, fewer piercings, a cooler/more flattering costume, generally a more "sexy" demeanor compared to her grungy punk look in the first film. Her and Colossus felt a little sidetracked in this one, however, they disappeared for nearly half the runtime.

I really should have seen the "X-Force immediately botches and dies without doing anything" gag coming but somehow I did not. Also the "baby legs Deadpool" scene is one of the funniest I've seen in years.

Edited by Ithil

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Didn't realize this one until just now! Per IMDB, he was credited as Dickie Greenleaf. I see what you did there, filmmakers.

I laughed when I saw Brad Pitt credited as Vanisher in the credits. It was a given that it had to be someone ridiculously famous, but it was still fun to see.

Yeah they show Brad Pitt as the Vanisher  in the movie .  When he fries in the wire, they quickly reveal Pitt  before he goes invisible again. :P