Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@Nova So far Deadpool 2 really reminds me of Spider-Man: Homecomings run: Big Opening Day, somewhat frontloaded OW and then a 160M+ 1-week cume, followed by a big drop in the 2nd weekend. If Deadpool follows that films pattern further, it might go in the same 330M+ ballpark DOM.

Yea but that still only had a 62% drop in its second weekend. Based on estimates Deadpool 2 is looking anywhere from 65%-70% for its second weekend drop. If it drops closer to 60% then yea I agree it can still make a nice run if its 65-70% then you can stick a fork in it 

52 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Lets' see if the MCU is still around 5o years from now.

MCU..and I really like the MCU overall...is the flashy new stock which makes huge amounts of money but no one knows how long it will last;the

Bond franchise is the blud chip stock which keeps making profits year in and year out.

But I  note you are comic book nerd, and the whole universe for you revolves around Comic Book Movies.

Excuse us, but some of us like to occasionally see a movie not involving somebody with super powers...

What on earth are you talking about ? The marvel films were making insane amounts of money before the MCU was even a thing. The Raimi spider man films, the x-men films. Marvel characters have brought way more money in the movie industry in less than 20 years than anything and I do mean ANYTHING has. We are talking insane numbers here , like over 25 billion $ in about 18 years , ever since the X-men was released.

Oh and using ...bond (of all franchises) as something more sophisticated than a marvel film is hilarious and I am a huge bond fan.

Whether people like it or not nothing will ever approach the money that marvel characters have been bringing in the industry, nothing , not Harry Potter , not Star Wars, not bond, not Lotr , not James Cameron ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, numbers don’t lie. 18 years , over 25 billion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

Again, this place has become a CESS POOL of hate for Star Wars. It's really sad... 

Star Wars fans are trash. Accept this reality.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

Well the great thing about Solo bombing is that @GraceRandolphsaid they'd stop posting if Deadpool 2 made more than Solo and well yea.....

I just said that to put a curse on Solo. Usually everything I predict goes the opposite way. It’s called reverse predicting. You should thank me. I saved Deadpool. :Venom:

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

seeing Solo in an hour and a half and I don't think anyone else is going with me.  looks like I'm going solo.

Hey, there might be 3 or 4 more ppl in the theater

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Disney isn't going to cancel any Star Wars films in development, I imagine they'll see it as a blip and concentrate on IX. 

Thing is, I am sure there were SW film ideas buzzing about Lucasfilms that will not be heard of again.......

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Might be my Ready Player One experience where I walked in about 15 minutes before it started and some random guy who seemed to be a big fan of the book shouted to me "welcome to an empty theater!"

Just now, Chewy said:

Sit right next to them even though there's tons of space.  Keep making eye contact with them every time a "funny" joke is told, but don't say anything.  Just stare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

51 minutes ago, Hunch said:

Is it possible Chris Pratt as Peter Quill somewhat diluted the appeal of Solo, at least for millennials and Gen Z kids?

Pratt's portrayal is obviously based on Han Solo, but he does it so well and the Guardians films have been really popular that maybe audiences weren't interested in another character like that, especially when it's obviously a cash grab by recasting Ford with a younger actor. We also just saw the actual Han in Force Awakens less than 3 years ago.

Also, Alden Eihneneichwhatever is nowhere near as good looking or charismatic as young Harrison Ford or present day Chris Pratt.

Honestly , and knowing that  some people don’t like Chris Pratt in this forum, I believe  that Disney missed a big chance by not making him the new Indiana Jones, esp. after watching him in Jurassic world where he is basically Indiana Jones in a Jurassic park film.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 3