Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

It’s the bullshit we have to endure from Americans that think that progressive thinking is having a gay character in a film, while not giving a shit about social security and the treating of the poor for example.

I had the same problem when trying to explain how black panther would do great overseas and people WOULDNT GIVE A SHIT if it has many black actors or not just if it was a great movie with Americans in this forum insisting that it would flop overseas because of its non-cultural status for overseas movie goers. 

But we've yet to have a gay protagonist in Star Wars, and there was a whole scene in TLJ where the rich people got their rich asses handed to them?

And sure, America itself has got social problems, but what exactly do you want Lucasfilm and Disney to do about it? In the mean time, I certainly want representation in movies. Like, we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's playing like a niche sequel, albeit a massive one.

Is this gonna be a case of diminishing returns you think? Or will X-force be a mini R-rated Avengers and lead to an increase 

22 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

would love to see synder's aesthetics in an sw movie. it would good from him to switch to a different studio too. god knows he wants to make one. that he made an r-rated watchmen possible (irrespective of the loopholes of the movie) gives him a lifetime pass from me. working in a different studio's hierarchy, working with a studio that by default forces sunshine and levity in films, maybe his flaws will be counter-balanced.

Hell no I do not want that guy near SW after ruining another franchise I will not name.

Release date was a major problem (D2 has good legs in most of the world, then JW). Marketing was awful and started late.

But Solo is also the first time a SW movie was titled after and focused entirely on one character. Perhaps SW fans want "bigger" stories.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lab276 said:

But we've yet to have a gay protagonist in Star Wars, and there was a whole scene in TLJ where the rich people got their rich asses handed to them?

And sure, America itself has got social problems, but what exactly do you want Lucasfilm and Disney to do about it? In the mean time, I certainly want representation in movies. Like, we can walk and chew gum at the same time.

If we really need to go forward then everytime a new movie is released that has a gay character there should be no buzz about it having a gay character positive or negative. 

If there weren't so much cheering everytime a "diverse casting" was anounced there wouldn't have been the opposite, backlash.

The goal is to treat everyone equally so it is not a gay character or a straight character or a black character. It's just another character. Period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Damn these are some disappointing numbers for Solo. I personally like TLJ and think it's vastly underrated, but I was always gonna wait for Blu Ray because I wanted to see DP2 more, and with a young baby, it's not as easy to get out to the movies as it used to be. That said, it looks like the extremely decisive reaction to TLJ is already setting in :( a friend of mine who is also a big star wars fan said he loved Solo and that it's already underrated.

Any Saturday numbers for DP2 and IW?

Edited by cheesypoofs