Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

35 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That right there is the reason why i cant really praise Interstellar. The concept of love transcending time, space, logic and good scriptwriting is too stupid, especially in a film that declared itself scientifically accurate and logical.

How did you  figure that out, was there a disclaimer I missed at the beginning of the movie: "Based on a true story, Interstellar is 100% scientifically accurate".?

22 minutes ago, REC said:

Just semi-seriously here, do you really think Rose Tico is gonna put any asses in seats?

In order for people to get the impression they need to show up.  Among segments of the fanbase she's regarded lower than Jar Jar Binks.

Are you suggesting people won't show up?

24, Sat...  LOL complete failure, likely it will miss 100m for the 4-day.  Damnit I want the spin and think pieces already!  Hurry up pundits/shills, I want to read about how the marketing, the release date, the alt right, or "pansexuality" is to blame!  Give me something!

God I wish Devin Faraci was still around, his aggressive defending of this movie would've been the most entertaining.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Movies aimed at older women (the main target audience for Ocean's 8) have a history of going higher than tracking so if Ocean's 8 is tracking between $35-40M then that's really good news.

Tracking is at 30-38M so....

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

24, Sat...  LOL complete failure, likely it will miss 100m for the 4-day.  Damnit I want the spin and think pieces already!  Hurry up pundits/shills, I want to read about how the marketing, the release date, the alt right, or "pansexuality" is to blame!  Give me something!

We've got plenty of that right here

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tracking is at 30-38M so....

Always room to grow. ;)

FYI it's already sold 14 seats for the 7:30 that Friday night almost two weeks out which is impressive for a film that's certain to be heavily walk-up based. God help you if you catch an afternoon show of this, Han. :lol:

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That wasn't really the fault of Avatar though, if you look at how many films actually did the 3D to the level of Avatar they are few and far between.

Actually agreed, most 3D sucks now and it’s hard to find a film with good 3D.

hope they fire whomever thought that people really wanted a Han Solo movie.

So many interesting stories, and they pick a retread. A Knights of the Old Republic Movie would be great... but naw... just keep rehashing the already established material.

Also they should fire whoever thought that obnoxious robot was a good idea.

Personally I thought the movie was enjoyable, but not great. 

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Actually agreed, most 3D sucks now and it’s hard to find a film with good 3D.

Don't forget cinemas purposely dimming projector bulbs to save money

2 minutes ago, jjack339 said:

hope they fire whomever thought that people really wanted a Han Solo movie.

So many interesting stories, and they pick a retread. A Knights of the Old Republic Movie would be great... but naw... just keep rehashing the already established material.

Also they should fire whoever thought that obnoxious robot was a good idea.

Personally I thought the movie was enjoyable, but not great. 

Wouldn't that be Kasdan?

SMH did 2.85x it's FSS. Solo's FSS is inflated due to Sunday but wonder if it can pull off 2.70-2.75x. The reception on BOT seems to be good.

83-84 ow and 2.70-2.75x gives 224-231 dom.

I’m still confused at how large the tracking numbers were for Solo and just how far it will come below them.

The whole $170 million+ thing didn’t make any sense to me because the buzz around the movie was so muted.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

The only TLJ opinion I hate is the it's worse than the prequels talk and that isn't even remotely true. 

One can argue ROTS is better as its full of memes and a lot of fun epic fights and dramatic moments, but saying AOTC and TPM is better is just well lol:gold:

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

I’m still confused at how large the tracking numbers were for Solo and just how far below will come below them.

The whole $170 million+ thing didn’t make any sense to me because the buzz around the movie was so muted.

Its Star Wars, everyone will watch it regardless they say...

Edited by Lordmandeep