Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

7 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

The good ol' identity ones

The only people offended by identity politics, inclusion or representation are bigots. I don't mind if they sit out a movie because that means I won't have to cross their paths at the theater.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I imagine TLJ didn't even have much of an effect, it's not even related to Solo.  the film not looking appealing and it having a shitty marketing campaign are probably stronger factors that played into Solo's performance

TLJ had an effect as it specifically deflated the enthusiasm around SW among certain aspects of the SW fanbase, especially OT fans.

Solo required a huge turnout of support from OT fans like RO did, and it never materialized.  

Its not the sole reason but it played a great role. In that Solo failed to grabs people attention and TLJ alienated a large portion of the SW fanbase from even considering it. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

So when are we to expect the headlines that Feige will replace Kennedy on all future SW movies?

Probably when Feige can produce something other than a Marvel film.

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I imagine TLJ didn't even have much of an effect, it's not even related to Solo.  the film not looking appealing and it having a shitty marketing campaign are probably stronger factors that played into Solo's performance

TLJ turned people off from any future SW movies, including spin-offs. Solo wouldn't have made such shitty numbers just because of appeal/marketing, it's SW after all, even 2 hour clip of stormtrooper pissing himself would have made at least 700 mln WW if TLJ had had good reception.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

TLJ had an effect as it specifically deflated the enthusiasm around SW among certain aspects of the SW fanbase, especially OT fans.

Solo required a huge turnout of support from OT fans like RO did, and it never materialized.  

Its not the sole reason but it played a great role. In that Solo failed to grabs people attention and TLJ alienated a large portion of the SW fanbase from even considering it. 

Did I ask for your input?

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Did I ask for your input?

You keep saying TLJ had no effect when this weekend showed it did lol 

Denial really, thought this issue be settled this weekend but it seems others will have to wait 1.5 years.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

You keep saying TLJ had no effect when this weekend showed it did lol 

Denial really, thought this issue be settled this weekend but it seems others will have to wait 1.5 years.

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THE LAST JEDI WAS A BAD MOVIE THAT DESTROYED THE FANBASE FOREVER AND IT'S ALL RIAN JOHNSON AND KATHLEEN KENNEDY'S FAULT???

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THE LAST JEDI WAS A BAD MOVIE THAT DESTROYED THE FANBASE FOREVER AND IT'S ALL RIAN JOHNSON AND KATHLEEN KENNEDY'S FAULT???

giphy.gif