CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

MI Fallout feels like something we’re predicting too highly. I’ve gotten the trailer like 8 times, and I don’t hear reactions after it often. I’m expecting just a slight increase from Rogue Nation

Well, I just got it at FK, and after the trailer, mild whispers were uttered...it's the only time I've seen this get a reaction (Solo and Ocean's didn't get them, although my Mom did wince at Cruise Missle getting hurt when we saw the latter), but at least it got a better reaction than Mortal Engines.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Well, I just got it at FK, and after the trailer, mild whispers were uttered...it's the only time I've seen this get a reaction (Solo and Ocean's didn't get them, although my Mom did wince at Cruise Missle getting hurt when we saw the latter), but at least it got a better reaction than Mortal Engines.

I had high hopes for MORTAL ENGINES after being announced, but having seen the teaser trailer, I think it'll flop.

• Like 2

I've been having bad casual takes lately, so here's another: Fallen Kingdom is much better than Jurassic World 1. This one has terrible characters and shitty acting, but it is at least directed with alot of suspense and visual sense. Good setpieces etc. The first one had terrible characters and shitty acting, and was directed with about the quality of a local used car commercial. FUCK Colin Trevorrow

Hot take: Fallen Kingdom is JA Bayona's best English-language film

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I've been having bad casual takes lately, so here's another: Fallen Kingdom is much better than Jurassic World 1. This one has terrible characters and shitty acting, but it is at least directed with alot of suspense and visual sense. Good setpieces etc. The first one had terrible characters and shitty acting, and was directed with about the quality of a local used car commercial. FUCK Colin Trevorrow

Very bad take, but at least it's not as bad as giving it a 4.5/5 and debating giving it a 5 while watching it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yeah, the movie definitely has superior directing despite most of the same faults in the script. It's a mess, but a more enjoyable one this time. Jurassic Manor>Jurassic Park 4. 

• Like 1

the weekends in 2017 and 2007 multiplied by these numbers gave the upcoming weekdays for certain film,

Spoiler

Transformers 5 - 0.37

Wonder Woman - 0.50

Cars 3 - 0.52

47 Meters - 0.47

Mummy - 0.49

All Eyez - 0.39

Pirates 5 - 0.54

Rough Night - 0.52

Captain Underpants - 0.56

Galaxy Vol. 2 - 0.53

Beatriz at Dinner - 0.40

Megan Leavy - 0.48

Book of Henry - 0.52

It Comes at Night - 0.43

Baywatch - 0.49

Alien 5 - 0.44

Boss Baby - 0.70

Evan Almighty - 0.46

1408 - 0.44

Fantastic Four 2 - 0.42

Oceans 13 - 0.43

Knocked Up - 0.52

Pirates 3 - 0.52

Surfs Up - 0.63

Shrek 3 - 0.58

Nancy Drew - 0.75

A Mighty Heart - 0.37

Mr. Brooks - 0.39

Spider-Man - 0.48

Waitress - 0.56

Hotel Part 2 - 0.51

0.37 x Jurassic World w/o previews....  43.4m + 50m + 40m = 133.4m = 49m weekdays.  

but I have JW doing 20 on Monday, 20 Tuesday, 15 Wed + Thurs = 70m which would be 0.525 

these numbers feel off then.  sample?  Solo: Star Wars - 1.2 Friday + 1.8 + 1.1 + 0.55 + 0.65 + 0.5 + 0.5 = 4.1 weekend, and 2.2 weekdays.  2.2 weekdays divided by 4.1 weekend produces 0.54 which is on par with Pirates 3 and Pirates 5.  The above numbers were generated like this, comparing $dollar weekly/weekend amounts and do not account for Baby Driver or Die Hard 4 opening on Wednesday in 2017 and 2007.  I'd go 0.45 for R rated biopics, 0.5 Jurassic World, 0.59 comic, and 0.67 to those that benefit most during Summer schedule.

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

casual takes lately, so here's another: Fallen Kingdom is much better than Jurassic World 1. This one has terrible characters and shitty acting, but it is at least directed with alot of suspense and visual sense. Good setpieces etc. The first one had terrible characters and shitty acting, and was directed with about the quality of a local used car commercial. FUCK Colin Trevorrow

That is not bad or casual at all. Fully agree.

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to tell how Jurassic World is doing today, but there isn't.  I suggest really good bandwidth, a few internet routers,  3-5 labtops, and do printouts of reserved on seating fandango up to the minute covering 3-5 states and finding different moving points.  and then there would be having to back out of each transaction to avoid complicating or crashing any of the online ticket retailers.  but that would be just for one movie at, with luck, 1,000 theaters. 

the theaters probably have to do a lot of cash register switches during the day so that probably helps speed up the process for reporting such input data.  

Edited by mathemetrics

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn guys, Solo was FUN. Well, not the first act, but the rest of the movie is FUN.

Solo WAS fun. It wasn't great, but it wasn't first-trilogy bad, either. It deserved a better fate than it had.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Now that is a hot take! I loved A Monster Calls and I've been trying to get some friends to watch it now that Fallen Kingdom has placed some attention on Bayona.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Now that is a hot take! I loved A Monster Calls and I've been trying to get some friends to watch it now that Fallen Kingdom has placed some attention on Bayona.

Needless to say I couldn't disagree more. I was bleh on the Impossible and hated hated hated A Monster Calls. This is faint praise from me. But to each their own!

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1