CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is a bit different on 2 aspect.

Mostly, that was a growing cinematic franchise, Supremacy almost made 50% more than the previous one, 2->3 50m jump is the same than the previous grow.

And Ultimatum got an clear uptick in it's reception thought from a 80% type to 90% (A-, A- to A cinemascore)

Ghost Protocol jumped a lot from 3 though :P

The December holidays really helped GP, of course. Usually franchises that move out of December have much worse holds than RN did, see Night at the Museum and Prince Caspian. 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

source.gif

WOZAA.gif

Just now, 4815162342 said:

The trailers definitely show some Cruise vs. Cavill scenes. So we'll have to see if it's a filmlong thing or if they eventually team up for good.

they're fghting the same guy in that bathroom scene so obv they team up.

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they're fghting the same guy in that bathroom scene so obv they team up.

Yeah but that could take place before the scenes where they fight each other on top the cliff and they have their helicopter duel where Cavill has a minigun.

• Like 1

Idk man it looks like another MI to me. Imma watch it and I think it should be STABLE at the BO, but I think there's a lil bit of "Cavill!" excitement bouncing around the net that doesn't really extend outside it

• Like 3

Was RN's entire marketing campaign just Tom Cruise hanging off an airplane? Because that's all I remember about it. They tried to sell an entire movie around that one scene. Fallout's marketing has been nothing like that. They're selling it around like 12 scenes. Far more effective. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Was RN's entire marketing campaign just Tom Cruise hanging off an airplane? Because that's all I remember about it. They tried to sell an entire movie around that one scene. Fallout's marketing has been nothing like that. They're selling it around like 12 scenes. Far more effective. 

Of course there was a lot more, just that the airplane bit was memorable. What's the most memorable bit from this one's trailer(s), Cavill cocking his fists and punching an asian guy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Of course there was a lot more, just that the airplane bit was memorable. What's the most memorable bit from this one's trailer(s), Cavill cocking his fists and punching an asian guy?

All of it is effective. They're not relying on just one scene to stand out and sell the whole movie. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

chewy you need to stop trying to fight the friction. it can't be done.

This is the best argument for it breaking out btw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chewy said:

@MrPink as the main antagonist confirmed

• Astonished 1

Jurassic World - 135.6 - 150.9

Incredibles 2 - 83.0 - 352.45

Oceans 8 - 11.1 - 99.84

Tag - 7.9 - 30.07

Deadpool 2 - 5.0 - 303.90

Solo: Star Wars - 4.25 - 202.38

Hereditary - 3.60 - 34.79

Superfly - 3.12 - 15.04

Infinity War - 2.52 - 669.50

Won't You Be My Neighbor - 1.68 - 3.94