CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

@MovieMan89 i wont stop tagging you till you finally admit that you were completely wrong about JW:FK, especially your argument that it would behave like a sequel to a CBM :stirthepot: i warned you that i woundt make it easy for you :Venom:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

@MovieMan89 i wont stop tagging you till you finally admit that you were completely wrong about JW:FK, especially your argument that it would behave like a sequel to a CBM :stirthepot: i warned you that i woundt make it easy for you :Venom:

Behaving like a CB movie in the modern context means increasing from it's predecessor, in so far as Marvel is the standard now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

Behaving like a CB movie in the modern context means increasing from it's predecessor, in so far as Marvel is the standard now.

With that i meant his prediction that FK would be way more frontloaded and would have weak Walk-ups because its a direct sequel. Which ofc was wrong :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quake said:

Excuse me for asking who is Rthanos?

An asgardian god who has the live box office numbers. Whenever Deadline says they get their numbers from sources - well RTH is the source.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Of course there was a lot more, just that the airplane bit was memorable. What's the most memorable bit from this one's trailer(s), Cavill cocking his fists and punching an asian guy?

C'mon those helicopter stunts are fucking crazy.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I wasn't "completely wrong" at all though. My predictions for it in this past week were wrong, but had I left them alone to what I had predicted for months prior, they wouldn't have been wrong at all. So me from the last week is wrong, yes. You on the other hand were telling me for months it would blow past tracking and easily go 150+ and I remember plenty of scoffs at sub 400 DOM. It's still not hitting 400. So I was wrong to lower my predictions so much this past week, but you didn't come out on top on this one either, sorry. The drop off is massive.

I mean c'mon dude, you're celebrating a 140 opening for a sequel to a 210 opener. That doesn't set off any alarms? 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I wasn't "completely wrong" at all though. My predictions for it in this past week were wrong, but had I left them alone to what I had predicted for months prior, they wouldn't have been wrong at all. So me from the last week is wrong, yes. You on the other hand were telling me for months it would blow past tracking and easily go 150+ and I remember plenty of scoffs at sub 400 DOM. It's still not hitting 400. So I was wrong to lower my predictions so much this past week, but you didn't come out on top on this one either, sorry. The drop off is massive.

Keep twisting it around, buddy. I was instantly eating crow in Dec when it became clear that TLJ woundt reach 700M, as i predicted. I also ate it when it became clear that BP would cruise past JW, which i doubted. Now youre too afraid to do so ;)

And its gonna pass 400M imo.

Edit: Also, its gonna be a 150M+ opening, not a 140 one.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean c'mon dude, you're celebrating a 140 opening for a sequel to a 210. That doesn't set off any alarms? 

Damn, you're stubborn as fuck

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Keep twisting it around, buddy. I was instantly eating crow in Dec when it became clear that TLJ woundt reach 700M, as i predicted. I also ate it when it became clear that BP would cruise past JW, which i doubted. Now youre too afraid to do so ;)

And its gonna pass 400M imo.

And I instantly admitted I was wrong about a 90-100m OW when that 15m came in. Seriously, what the hell are you talking about at this point? 

You want me to give you props for being right, and of course I would if you were. But you weren't. Me being wrong doesn't change that. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Even if the sub 100 million opening predictions were wrong for Fallen Kingdom, it's still way too early to say it'll get more than 400 million domestic.

It'll have to face a ton of competition ( Ant-Man, Mission Impossible, Skyscraper, The Equalizer 2 ) for the next weeks. I mean, weekend isn't even over yet and there are people predicting ore than 400 million domestic.  I would wait for the second weekend, at least.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

And I instantly admitted I was wrong about a 90-100m OW when that 15m came in. Seriously, what the hell are you talking about at this point? 

You still doubted it would reach the 150M+ that i predicted. It will reach it. Once you finally admit that it isnt the massive failure of a drop-off you predicted, im gonna be silent :lol:

Just now, Brainbug said:

You still doubted it would reach the 150M+ that i predicted. It will reach it. Once you finally admit that it isnt the massive failure of a drop-off you predicted, im gonna be silent :lol:

You're way ahead of yourself if you think 150m is locked with that OD. Not even with JW's holds does it get there. And you said it would blow past 130-150m tracking and said sub 400 wasn't happening. Movie is gonna need really nice legs to avoid that, and I just don't see it.