CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

He has access to raw numbers for every film. He usually drops by on weekends to give us updates. 

But it seems he has forsaken us this time :(

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Ranking the 3 Hotel films I watched yesterday and today:

1. Hotel Artemis
  2. Hotel Transylvania
  3. Hotel Transylvania 2

Would have been a far more predictable list if you had also watched The Great Budapest Hotel.

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

@Brainbug

Once and for all, I was wrong to get carried away this past week and say FK could go sub 100 on OW. This should be a lesson to stick to my long standing predictions and not diverge so sharply at the last moment. 

This I can respect. Good on ya.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Once again a Pixar movie and dinosaur movie save June.

I still wonder what the hell went so wrong with this.
CVzTYXXU4AENApG.jpg:small

It's a lame by the numbers film with no memorable characters or events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

apes3 is one movie I remember which showed a much better sat bump from true Friday compared to it's predecessor

5.0 + 17.1 + 19.3 (+12.9%) apes3

4.1 + 23.6 + 25.5 (+8.05%) apes2

both movies had the same release period of mid-July. apes3 also had a marginally better Sunday drop of 23% vs apes2's 23.7%.

jw2 would have to pull off something like that to have a shot at 150. jw1 jumped 10% from true Friday. jw2 would have to jump 15% or more.

Just sitting down to see JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM. My theatre is PACKED for the FK/I2 double whammy.

Damn, that double feature has to be huge. Usually they pair up an old movie with a new movie for double features.

• Like 1

Expectations change over time based on tracking and international performance 

:)

I predicted $150m for Deadpool 2 and you don’t see me calling it a failure. 

It also missed its tracking completely and it’s still not classed as a failure. 

(And the biggest drop from a billion grossing predecessor is Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, btw)

13 hours ago, Krissykins said:

A-

Lol stop. 

Despite the fact that CinemaScore's very limited in comparison to online sites and doesn't always fully illustrate the actual general WoM of a movie? It has use but it's not some all encompassing very accurate metric.

Ironically enough, speaking of veering way off course my predictions at the last minute for dinosaur movies, The Good Dinosaur was another case where I predicted a failure for months and then for some reason thought it was gonna break out 300m+ huge at the last minute. Lol. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ironically enough, speaking of veering way off course my predictions at the last minute for dinosaur movies, The Good Dinosaur was another case where I predicted a failure for months and then for some reason thought it was gonna break out 300m+ huge at the last minute. Lol. 

I do think that the concept for The Good Dinosaur was very solid. Its just that the story and characters itself were so incredibly generic and the dinosaurs looked extremely goofy with these hyper-realistic backgrounds. Poor artistic choice.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Despite the fact that CinemaScore's very limited in comparison to online sites and doesn't always fully illustrate the actual general WoM of a movie? It has use but it's not some all encompassing very accurate metric.

We don’t have much and that’s the only one we’ve got that represents paying customers who’ve actually seen the film without agendas. 

It doesn't indicate a bad reaction. 

• Like 1