baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I think Action Point is going to make around $800k today.  It likely will get barely above $2m for the weekend.  

I kind of expected under $1m given the show today but WOOF. Likely won’t even hit $5m domestic total.

1 minute ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

I kind of expected under $1m given the show today but WOOF. Likely won’t even hit $5m domestic total.

Studio movies usually get a minimum of a 2 week run.  With numbers like this, a lot of theaters will try to dump it after a week or will be down to 1 or 2 shows per day.  

Paramount will be more interested in keeping Book Club and A Quiet Place going.  In fact, I think it might get beaten by A Quiet Place this weekend.  It will be lucky to be in the Top 10.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Can't wait to see whether Deadpool 2 hits 300mil. No matter what it's a hit but under 300 looks worse than over.

It's not hitting $300m. 

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Solo breaking out is having an effect on Action Point. Shame.

Nah Disney will release a statement saying that the genius behind a franchise like jackass are hurting Solo's sales. I mean Solo has only been out for a week and already here comes action point, swinging it's big franchise dick around. How could they compete?

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Not surprised Action Point bombed so hard. Still trying to act like some idiot college frat boy in your thirties is one thing. When you're pushing 50 and still on that shtick, it's just pathetic at that point. 

You'd think so, but they released that BS Bad Grandpa or whatever it was called and Americans lapped it up.

So, it's really surprising to me that the crowd that made Jackass and that a hit didn't turn up. Maybe they don't have any more money in Trumpmerica. 

13 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It's not hitting $300m. 

It will be around $252m-$254m after this weekend and at nearly $280m by the time Incredibles 2 opens.  

It might have enough push to get above $300m, but maybe not. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1