Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

I was so pissed when my parents wouldn't take me opening night. I was a legit brat that night. We went out to eat with family at Ocharleys and I could SEE THE SPONGEBOB POSTER out the window the entire dinner since the theater was across the street. Biggest tease since Kristen in 10th grade.

I went the next afternoon though so it was all good.

Man what a month that was. Incredibles, Polar Express, Spongebob. I was childhooding hard.

Ah fuck, I forgot Polar Express came out then too. Another one I missed in theaters! :whosad:

I actually think Shark Tale was the only movie I saw in theaters that year :gold: 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Proud to say I never saw the first Incredibles proud to say I will not be seeing this one either.

For a guy who’s usually pretty reasonable it’s bizarre to see you “proud” about avoiding a pair of great movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I was so pissed when my parents wouldn't take me opening night. I was a legit brat that night. We went out to eat with family at Ocharleys and I could SEE THE SPONGEBOB POSTER out the window the entire dinner since the theater was across the street. Biggest tease since Kristen in 10th grade.

Man what a month that was. Incredibles, Polar Express, Spongebob. I was childhooding hard.

I was in tears at the cinema when we went to see the Dreamworks Sinbad movie because they had the standee up for Finding Nemo, which I apparently wanted to see more than Sinbad.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why not? You gushed over Inside Out after all. 

There was no gushing. I liked it. But you know how it is with me and Pixar. Just not my thing

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

I was in tears at the cinema when we went to see the Dreamworks Sinbad movie because they had the standee up for Finding Nemo, which I wanted to see more than Sinbad apparently.

You and everyone else in the world judging by box office lol. 

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Only other movies I saw in theaters that season were National Treasure and... Alexander. Oh yeah, I got my mom to take me to that. She closed my eyes so I wouldn't get to see Rosario Dawson's breasts in the sex scene which obviously ruined my entire childhood thanks mom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ah fuck, I forgot Polar Express came out then too. Another one I missed in theaters! :whosad:

I actually think Shark Tale was the only movie I saw in theaters that year :gold: 

My sincerest condolences you poor child.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

There was no gushing. I liked it. But you know how it is with me and Pixar. Just not my thing

Oh I remember quite a bit of praise at the time. It was far too shocking to forget lol. 

Also, why decide to judge a whole studio like that? I mean a franchise I can kinda get, but doesn't make much sense for a studio...

I also rarely see you hate superhero movies, so seems especially odd Incredibles of all the Pixar ones would be one you never saw. 

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

For a guy who’s usually pretty reasonable it’s bizarre to see you “proud” about avoiding a pair of great movies.

And they aren't even emotionally manipulative which is the main thing he hates. They're fun action comedies. 

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Only other movies I saw in theaters that season were National Treasure and... Alexander. Oh yeah, I got my mom to take me to that. She closed my eyes so I wouldn't get to see Rosario Dawson's breasts in the sex scene which obviously ruined my entire childhood thanks mom. 

We may be the only family to have skipped National Treasure that holiday season in favor of Fat Albert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1